Where do you park cash?

rukawa

What is a good place to park cash?

I don't like Money Market Funds because I am afraid that they invest in an opaque way and its quite possible there will be a run on them in the future. HISA's are interesting....I am not sure of the technicalities of how they work but they appear to be savings accounts that can be traded like mutual funds and have CDIC protection up to 100,000.

I don't like bond funds either due to high MERs either.

Suggestions?

i have a few of those online savings accounts like capital one 360, ge capital direct, barclays direct, etc., i get from 0.75 to 0.9% not a lot but better than 0%

Is this cash that you are never going to invest? Or would you buy something tomorrow if you found.

I leave my cash in the brokerage account earning 0 just in case a stock I like crashes and I need to quickly buy

combination of both

i can easily transfer to the necessary brokerage account when need be, it only takes 2 to 3 days to appear. i also have cash in the actual brokerage account.

earning 0.9% is not much would like to hear what others are doing.

hy

i have a few of those online savings accounts like capital one 360, ge capital direct, barclays direct, etc., i get from 0.75 to 0.9% not a lot but better than 0%

Is this cash that you are never going to invest? Or would you buy something tomorrow if you found.

I leave my cash in the brokerage account earning 0 just in case a stock I like crashes and I need to quickly buy