WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS

giofranchi

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is an amazing community  and culture that Parsad has fostered

I agree 100%!

And thank you very much, Parsad! It is a great idea backed by flawless execution: it is destined to become more and more influential worldwide. Its future, as far as I can see, is very very bright! :)

Gio

Hi guys! It has been a wonderful evening and I have enjoyed every moment! I have followed each single advice Kraven so thoughtfully and wisely shared with us yesterday, and you know what? … They have worked! ;D ;D ;D We will see each other again tomorrow! 

Of course, cannot say what might follow… yet, paraphrasing Mr. Buffett (yes, once again!), it pays to be active, interested, and open-minded, but it doesn’t pay to be in a hurry… right? And I am already grateful for the experience and curious to see how this will play itself out!

Thank you again to all of you for your deep kindness and for the great fun!! :)

Cheers,

Gio

Gio, so glad it worked out.  The advice I gave you could be sold for millions, but I gave it to you for free because I like you.  I bet it was telling her she's exactly like your mom (with a wink) and that you want to get married quickly because you're running out of clean socks and underwear that really sealed the deal. 

Per "Swingers" you are supposed to wait 2 (or maybe 3) days before calling again.  However, it seems like in this case perhaps a bending of the rules was in order.  Glad it went well and you know where to come for future advice!

Per "Swingers" you are supposed to wait 2 (or maybe 3) days before calling again.  However, it seems like in this case perhaps a bending of the rules was in order.  Glad it went well and you know where to come for future advice!

Ouch!!

Kraven, you had to warn me and remind it to me: “Watch Swingers again, before you go and meet her!” … How could you forget this all important piece of advice?!?! Guess also gurus sometimes forget things… ;D ;D ;D

Gio

Hi guys! It has been a wonderful evening and I have enjoyed every moment! I have followed each single advice Kraven so thoughtfully and wisely shared with us yesterday, and you know what? … They have worked! ;D ;D ;D We will see each other again tomorrow! 

Of course, cannot say what might follow… yet, paraphrasing Mr. Buffett (yes, once again!), it pays to be active, interested, and open-minded, but it doesn’t pay to be in a hurry… right? And I am already grateful for the experience and curious to see how this will play itself out!

Cheers,

Gio

I'm very happy for you Gio  :)

Cheers,

Gio

Good job, Gio. :)

It is an amazing community  and culture that Parsad has fostered

I agree 100%!

And thank you very much, Parsad! It is a great idea backed by flawless execution: it is destined to become more and more influential worldwide. Its future, as far as I can see, is very very bright! :)

Gio

Glad everything worked out Gio! 

Actually, at our very first Fairfax Financial Shareholder's Dinner, board member Calonego brought someone who he was on a first date with to our dinner.  Not actually at our dinner...he got a booth next to our dinner, so that he could date her and still listen to the investing conversation!

Fast forward 9 years, and not only did he end up marrying that girl (obviously she was a keeper, if she put up with that night), but they have a baby too.  So, it wasn't this community's first stab at romance regarding a value investing nerd!  ;D  Cheers!

Actually, at our very first Fairfax Financial Shareholder's Dinner, board member Calonego brought someone who he was on a first date with to our dinner.  Not actually at our dinner...he got a booth next to our dinner, so that he could date her and still listen to the investing conversation!

Fast forward 9 years, and not only did he end up marrying that girl (obviously she was a keeper, if she put up with that night), but they have a baby too.  So, it wasn't this community's first stab at romance regarding a value investing nerd!  ;D  Cheers!

Thank you, Parsad! And great story! :)

Cheers!

Gio

Thank you, Parsad! And great story! :)

Cheers!

Gio

Gio, if you're SSSS, seriously seeking someone special : invert! No, not your girl friend, but the whole dating game. Ask her, informally at lunch perhaps, what things she has enjoyed doing that she does well. Get her talking about herself, not about dating game questions, but about what she really enjoys doing on and off the job in the past, present and future. 

Let her understand that the object of your questions is not looking for anything in particular, but to understand who she really is.  Then, if you like who she really is, ask her out on a non date without typical dating expectations which often revolve around what your glands are telling you.  Then go do something probably in the daylight that involves an activity that's not what people expect to do on a typical date and get to know who both of you really are.

Gio, if you're SSSS, seriously seeking someone special : invert! No, not your girl friend, but the whole dating game. Ask her, informally at lunch perhaps, what things she has enjoyed doing that she does well. Get her talking about herself, not about dating game questions, but about what she really enjoys doing on and off the job in the past, present and future. 

Let her understand that the object of your questions is not looking for anything in particular, but to understand who she really is.  Then, if you like who she really is, ask her out on a non date without typical dating expectations which often revolve around what your glands are telling you.  Then go do something probably in the daylight that involves an activity that's not what people expect to do on a typical date and get to know who both of you really are.

twacowfca,

your wisdom is a blessing to all the board members in so many fields! :)

Actually, I have already followed your advice: yesterday morning we played tennis and afterwards we had lunch together… I also showed her my office… Do you remember the pictures of my office I posted some time ago? … Maybe that was not so shrewd a move…  ;D ;D ;D

Gio

twacowfca,

your wisdom is a blessing to all the board members in so many fields! :)

Actually, I have already followed your advice: yesterday morning we played tennis and afterwards we had lunch together… I also showed her my office… Do you remember the pictures of my office I posted some time ago? … Maybe that was not so shrewd a move…  ;D ;D ;D

Gio

Not a shrewd move, but the best move certainly with a long term perspective. The saddest thing in a relationship is when people get hot and then find out later that their lover has some characteristic they can't stand.

My wife and I are very different.  She's a librarian and a teacher of teachers.  My chief motivation is to seek and find and understand new things or ideas that have great value and then share them with others.  When we met, I introduced myself in a strange but memorable way that she thought was goofy. Not a good first impression, but that's who I am.  I still do things that embarrass her. We came to like and love each other with our eyes wide open knowing there were a few things about each other that weren't perfect. That's much better than having an unpleasant surprise after getting physical.

Read the short book of Ruth in the Bible if you are interested in understanding perhaps the best pattern ever for finding the one who is right for you. :)

My chief motivation is to seek and find and understand new things or ideas that have great value and then share them with others. 

Read the short book of Ruth in the Bible if you are interested in understanding perhaps the best pattern ever for finding the one who is right for you. :)

twacowfca,

this is the reason why we all on the board not only respect you deeply, but also have a feeling of genuine love for you! At least, it is so for me. Your profound knowledge in all that is human is no less important and admired than your investment acumen. :)

Parsad,

please, make sure twacowfca never leaves the board! You’d risk losing one of your greatest assets! ;D

Cheers!

Gio

My chief motivation is to seek and find and understand new things or ideas that have great value and then share them with others. 

twacowfca,

this is the reason why we all on the board not only respect you deeply, but also have a feeling of genuine love for you! At least, it is so for me. Your profound knowledge in all that is human is no less important and admired than your investment acumen. :)

Parsad,

please, make sure twacowfca never leaves the board! You’d risk losing one of your greatest assets! ;D

Cheers!

Gio

You are very kind, but the ones who know me best think I'm a smart ass etc. ::)