HEre we go again: Vanity Fair In Depth Article On Loeb

indythinker85

Robert Champman is a complete clown - vomiting forth his opinion on other managers every chance he gets. Funny how you don't see anyone worth their salt quoted in articles on other managers.....

Two complete B/S quotes by Chapman:

I don't think anyone's ever said Dan's a really brilliant guy, but this is what the hedge-fund world allows you to be if you're massively ambitious and you're kind of really, really, really focused. You'll probably get there.

If I had to guess, he sees himself as a phenomenal filterer of other people's ideas, and maybe that's the source of a behavior normally attendant on someone hopelessly insecure.

A) You do not build a $14B hedge fund by simply being "smart"

B) Last I checked, Yahoo!, Sony and Nokia were not being touted by a wide swath of investors before he got in. Of course every single stock traded is "someone's" idea at some point in time....

Another line in the article (not related to Chapman) said Loeb's goal is reportedly to manage $40B.....he just returned $1.4 to investors.

All in all, a rather sketchy article.

Robert Champman is a complete clown - vomiting forth his opinion on other managers every chance he gets. Funny how you don't see anyone worth their salt quoted in articles on other managers.....

I don't think anyone's ever said Dan's a really brilliant guy, but this is what the hedge-fund world allows you to be if you're massively ambitious and you're kind of really, really, really focused. You'll probably get there.

If I had to guess, he sees himself as a phenomenal filterer of other people's ideas, and maybe that's the source of a behavior normally attendant on someone hopelessly insecure.

B) Last I checked, Yahoo!, Sony and Nokia were not being touted by a wide swath of investors before he got in. Of course every single stock traded is "someone's" idea at some point in time....

Another line in the article (not related to Chapman) said Loeb's goal is reportedly to manage $40B.....he just returned $1.4 to investors.

you're misattributing that first quote, though i don't disagree

you're misattributing that first quote, though i don't disagree

ur right! my bad.