Go Sox!

bmichaud

Not sure how many Red Sox fans are on this board, but I can't help but say SOMETHING about last night's unbelievable game 4. Gomes' 3-run shot after starting the series 0-9, with the Sox down 2-1 in the series and Cards pitching picking apart everyone but Papi had to have been one of the most clutch swings in team World Series history. Phenomenal stuff.

GO SOX  8)

Not sure how many Red Sox fans are on this board, but I can't help but say SOMETHING about last night's unbelievable game 4. Gomes' 3-run shot after starting the series 0-9, with the Sox down 2-1 in the series and Cards pitching picking apart everyone but Papi had to have been one of the most clutch swings in team World Series history. Phenomenal stuff.

GO SOX  8)

Without the beards they'd be nothing.  Just kidding, I love their beards.  They bring back memories of Grizzly Adams from when I was a kid.  I am pulling for the Sox.  Boston is a great town.  I lived there for a few years and enjoyed going to Fenway. 

I'm a huge fan too.  Last night was great win...epecially after that ending in game 3.  Go Sox!

I know I'm biased b/c I'm a fan, but I don't fully understand how that play at 3rd in Game 3 was not akin to a wide receiver and corner back getting tangled up on a pass, with neither player receiving an interference call. There was literally no way for him to actually get out of the way without "interfering".

Whatever. Last night more than made up for it. Although the stat they showed (might have been on Sportscenter) where like 97% of teams that win game 3 after the series starts 1-1 go on to win is rather disturbing. But hey, I'm sure if you looked at hitting stats for world series losers, Boston's current offense would be among the worst hahaha - they've won on what like 5 swings all postseason?

I know I'm biased b/c I'm a fan, but I don't fully understand how that play at 3rd in Game 3 was not akin to a wide receiver and corner back getting tangled up on a pass, with neither player receiving an interference call. There was literally no way for him to actually get out of the way without "interfering".

My understanding is that it was a technically correct call.  That is, he did interfere with the baserunner, but most of the time some judgment is applied.  I would agree with you.  He fell and while he may have interfered, there was nothing else he could do.  To me "interference" to some extent implies a purposeful action.  But the rule doesn't seem to require scienter.

My understanding is that it was a technically correct call.  That is, he did interfere with the baserunner, but most of the time some judgment is applied.  I would agree with you.  He fell and while he may have interfered, there was nothing else he could do.  To me "interference" to some extent implies a purposeful action.  But the rule doesn't seem to require scienter.

Ur right - intent doesn't matter in the case of that rule. Seems odd, but true.

I'm a life long Jays fan, but I have to say this years Bo Sox have something special.  I like all the guys on the team........................except for traitor Farrell.  >:(

Those guys deserve a World Series.

When Matheny came to pull Lynn, I said out loud, "what are you doing?"

I didn't understand the move then and I still don't understand it now.  I didn't see a reason to pull him.

But I'm old school and I used to pitch.  I think a starter should pitch more than 6 innings.