Finding Preferreds Below Par

persistentone3

Quantum Online [ftp=ftp://quantumonline.com/]http://quantumonline.com/[/ftp]  has tables of preferreds. Unfortuntely, it just lists the securities and basic features of the securities like coupon / liquidation pref / call date / conversion price if convertible / etc. You would have to look at prices separately, but it might be a good place to start.

I use the Value Line Convertibles survey for this sort of thing. They will also sell you the raw data last time I checked. Sounds like you would need that.

Also, many US libraries offer the VL subscription for free.

http://www.valueline.com/Products/Convertible_Products/The_Value_Line_Convertible_Survey.aspx

I like the idea of having the raw convertible data updated daily with pricing.    The only link I saw for that was to their institutional sales department.  Do you know of a contact to buy raw data for a retail customer?

Thanks to other poster for the dividendyieldhunter web site.  That is also useful.

I'm looking for a programmatic way to find a list of preferred / income securities that trade at 95% of par or lower, whose common stocks have been rising over the last year.  Does anyone have a data service that could provide that?  I'm happy to pay for it.

If anyone knows of a service that would sell raw data - updated daily with pricing information - for income securities in foreign markets that would also be interesting.  I would certainly love to have this for Canadian debentures.

I'm looking for a programmatic way to find a list of preferred / income securities that trade at 95% of par or lower, whose common stocks have been rising over the last year.  Does anyone have a data service that could provide that?  I'm happy to pay for it.

If anyone knows of a service that would sell raw data - updated daily with pricing information - for income securities in foreign markets that would also be interesting.  I would certainly love to have this for Canadian debentures.

I have shared this before but it is still a good site: http://bit.ly/oOeDmc

Google doc on REITs and Preferreds...extensive list and includes pricing, yields, etc... this should cover what you want to get started

I use the Value Line Convertibles survey for this sort of thing. They will also sell you the raw data last time I checked. Sounds like you would need that.

Also, many US libraries offer the VL subscription for free.

http://www.valueline.com/Products/Convertible_Products/The_Value_Line_Convertible_Survey.aspx

I like the idea of having the raw convertible data updated daily with pricing.    The only link I saw for that was to their institutional sales department.  Do you know of a contact to buy raw data for a retail customer?

Thanks to other poster for the dividendyieldhunter web site.  That is also useful.

I am a retail investor. I called Morningstar and they were more than happy to sell me raw data. They offered a few different levels of pricing. More data equals higher price.

Morningstar normally only sells raw data through its institutional products, and the only time I got Morningstar to quote for real raw data it was about $10K/year.

In any case, I am asking for convertible bond data and pricing, and that is a product that Valueline has.  The product is really dysfunctional.  Finding the person who would be able to sell raw data will be challenging.

Morningstar normally only sells raw data through its institutional products, and the only time I got Morningstar to quote for real raw data it was about $10K/year.

In any case, I am asking for convertible bond data and pricing, and that is a product that Valueline has.  The product is really dysfunctional.  Finding the person who would be able to sell raw data will be challenging.

Persistentone , you're right, I typed Morningstar but meant to type value line. Value line will sell you raw data on a cd. It is going to be somewhat pricey anywhere you look, but they do have it for retail investors. I would give them a call. The salespersons I spoke with were willing to negotiate on price to some small degree.