Buffett signed my Security Analysis!

racemize

Dude, race that is awesome!!

I sent him a letter a couple years back but just got a form letter from his secretary. :(

What did your wife put into the letter (hey, I'll try almost anything!)??

I sent him a letter a couple years back but just got a form letter from his secretary. :(

I have a copy of it, actually.  I don't think she would mind me posting:

Dear Mr. Buffett,

Enclosed with this letter, please find a copy of the 6th edition of Graham and Dodd's Security Analysis which features your forward. Rest assured, this book is not for you! I know that you already have two beloved copies of this book, and since I don’t have an original copy with Graham’s notes inside, there is little that I can do to add to your library. Rather, it is my hope that you will find the time to sign this book and have someone return it using the return label provided.

In January, my husband is opening his first investment fund, based on the principles of Graham, Marks, and of course, you.  Over the last few years, he has devoured any information on value investing and analysis with a passion!  I would love to present him with this book, which already means so much to him, made even more special with an inscription from his personal hero.  He would be overjoyed, and I will have won the "greatest gift game" for at least the next decade.

We both admire and respect you and your career, and I hope that this letter finds you well. Thank you for being an inspiration to so many, especially my husband who has never been happier since finding his own passion for value investing.

With great respect and thanks,

Dear Mr. Buffett,

Enclosed with this letter, please find a copy of the 6th edition of Graham and Dodd's Security Analysis which features your forward. Rest assured, this book is not for you! I know that you already have two beloved copies of this book, and since I don’t have an original copy with Graham’s notes inside, there is little that I can do to add to your library. Rather, it is my hope that you will find the time to sign this book and have someone return it using the return label provided.

In January, my husband is opening his first investment fund, based on the principles of Graham, Marks, and of course, you.  Over the last few years, he has devoured any information on value investing and analysis with a passion!  I would love to present him with this book, which already means so much to him, made even more special with an inscription from his personal hero.  He would be overjoyed, and I will have won the "greatest gift game" for at least the next decade.

We both admire and respect you and your career, and I hope that this letter finds you well. Thank you for being an inspiration to so many, especially my husband who has never been happier since finding his own passion for value investing.

That's a great letter she wrote!  She's a keeper...not only does she actually listen to you about Buffett and value investing, but she got the greatest investor to sign a book for you and mail it back.  You won't ever do better than her!  ;D  Cheers!

Dear Mr. Buffett,

That's a great letter she wrote!  She's a keeper...not only does she actually listen to you about Buffett and value investing, but she got the greatest investor to sign a book for you and mail it back.  You won't ever do better than her!  ;D  Cheers!

+100

Would you mind to share some info about the fund to be launched?

I'm not sure I can talk about it publicly, but perhaps a PM?  Not surprisingly, it is a value fund ;).

What she wrote was really, really impressive; the use of structure, biases etc. My guess is that either she is a psychologist or a professional marketing writer or something.

You should let your wife write the quarterly letters, you'd get to a billion within 5 years even you make only 3% a year. ;) Seriously, really impressive... and congrats on your fund, going by your posts you do not need any good luck, you'll do fantastically.