Searchable threads

alwaysinvert

Is there some way to implement a feature in the advanced search functions where you can search for keywords and authors in specific threads? That is finding every post by a specific user in a specific subject and being able to see all posts containing for example the word "balance sheet" so as to be able to follow a certain subset of the discussion easier.

If I'm interested in the cashflows of Apple and what people have to say about that, I'd rather not skim 2000 posts on pure tech stuff to get to the meat, if I want to know more about the real estate value in Sears I don't want to read everything about short squeezes etc. You get the point. 

Likewise it would be great if you found some user posting good stuff in a thread and could just just search on all his posts in that subject, instead of having to sort through all his posts in all threads that he has posted in. If I want to find what ERICOPOLY has written on BAC, I'm not necessarily (at that moment) all that interested in his tax expertise from other threads.   

I know of a couple of other boards where this is possible. Does the software allow it?

Is there some way to implement a feature in the advanced search functions where you can search for keywords and authors in specific threads? That is finding every post by a specific user in a specific subject and being able to see all posts containing for example the word "balance sheet" so as to be able to follow a certain subset of the discussion easier.

If I'm interested in the cashflows of Apple and what people have to say about that, I'd rather not skim 2000 posts on pure tech stuff to get to the meat, if I want to know more about the real estate value in Sears I don't want to read everything about short squeezes etc. You get the point. 

Likewise it would be great if you found some user posting good stuff in a thread and could just just search on all his posts in that subject, instead of having to sort through all his posts in all threads that he has posted in. If I want to find what ERICOPOLY has written on BAC, I'm not necessarily (at that moment) all that interested in his tax expertise from other threads.   

I know of a couple of other boards where this is possible. Does the software allow it?

Click on the thread you want to search, and then use the search bar on the top right hand corner.  It will only search the board or thread that you are in.  If you want to search the entire board, then click on "Home" and then do a search, and it will go through everything.  Cheers!

Click on the thread you want to search, and then use the search bar on the top right hand corner.  It will only search the board or thread that you are in.  If you want to search the entire board, then click on "Home" and then do a search, and it will go through everything.  Cheers!

D'oh! Didn't realize it worked that way. No wonder my search results seemed erratic when I thought I searched the entire board from a subforum. Thanks!

Still, a search by author+keyword feature would be extremely helpful.