what are you selling today?

muscleman

Continued to trim TSLA.  Love the products, love the focus on great engineering, love Musks conceptual framework of first principals thinking.  Just don’t like the price here as there is no margin for execution risk IMHO. 

Musk’s contribution to advancing the conversation around renewables and making engineering sexy deserves a top 5 place in the world’s rich list. Just not sure how much drops to the average shareholder...the voting machine is in overdrive at the moment, the weighing machine is due to kick in over the next few years.

cheers

nwoodman

Continued to trim TSLA.  Love the products, love the focus on great engineering, love Musks conceptual framework of first principals thinking.  Just don’t like the price here as there is no margin for execution risk IMHO. 

Musk’s contribution to advancing the conversation around renewables and making engineering sexy deserves a top 5 place in the world’s rich list. Just not sure how much drops to the average shareholder...the voting machine is in overdrive at the moment, the weighing machine is due to kick in over the next few years.

cheers

nwoodman

I love Tesla and think it has a bright future. I also think this market bubble is going to pop and its going to hit the companies trading at 26x sales while growing less than 20% a year the hardest, so I purchased some 2022 Tesla $200 and $400 puts. Thats kind of like a sell, isn't it?

Selling out of some of my February BRK.B calls, keeping March calls (and the stock of course).  Mid-day spike from someone coming on CNBC to talk up Berkshire.  Same guy on CNBC every few months saying same thing.  This time its an all-time high so you've got that helping it out...

Selling out of some of my February BRK.B calls, keeping March calls (and the stock of course).  Mid-day spike from someone coming on CNBC to talk up Berkshire.  Same guy on CNBC every few months saying same thing.  This time its an all-time high so you've got that helping it out...

I sold Berkshire LEAPs I purchased a month ago. Long the stock and would gladly buy back into the LEAPs, but will lock 20% profits in a month.

cheers

nwoodman

I love Tesla and think it has a bright future. I also think this market bubble is going to pop and its going to hit the companies trading at 26x sales while growing less than 20% a year the hardest, so I purchased some 2022 Tesla $200 and $400 puts. Thats kind of like a sell, isn't it?

Yes, I would consider that a sell.

Sold BAM, 105% net long now.

My US holdings are down to Berkshire, Altria, Berry Global, Asbury Automotive and Fiserv... Resilient and liquid stuff that ESG-investors despise with lots of buyback capacity incoming and a decent counterbalance to my illiquid smallcaps in Europe and Hong Kong... I'm always fully invested, but I'm speculating a bit on macro with buys on margin, and I can't say I like the current environment, so I'm dialing down... Considering how insanely crazy some stuff is priced, and possibly risk of inflation and higher rates, I find it quiet interesting that one can still buy something like BTI at close to a 9 pct. dividend yield with SD expected EPS growth going forward. Altria had a decent run since I got back in, but it's still cheap for one of the best businesses in the world. I have a close to taxfree account which I've stuffed with anti-ESG, high dividend paying stuff like Altria, BTI, WMB, ENB and KNOP. It's basically 50-50 tobacco and NG pipelines/shuttle tankers.

My US holdings are down to Berkshire, Altria, Berry Global, Asbury Automotive and Fiserv... Resilient and liquid stuff that ESG-investors despise with lots of buyback capacity incoming and a decent counterbalance to my illiquid smallcaps in Europe and Hong Kong... I'm always fully invested, but I'm speculating a bit on macro with buys on margin, and I can't say I like the current environment, so I'm dialing down... Considering how insanely crazy some stuff is priced, and possibly risk of inflation and higher rates, I find it quiet interesting that one can still buy something like BTI at close to a 9 pct. dividend yield with SD expected EPS growth going forward. Altria had a decent run since I got back in, but it's still cheap for one of the best businesses in the world. I have a close to taxfree account which I've stuffed with anti-ESG, high dividend paying stuff like Altria, BTI, WMB, ENB and KNOP. It's basically 50-50 tobacco and NG pipelines/shuttle tankers.

Why do you sold BAM?

Why do you sold BAM?

To dial down margin, I don't find it particularly cheap. And I can't stand their constant talk about plan value.