what are you selling today?

muscleman

Exited 1211.HK and SHAK.

I would have liked to hold these two forever but the market is looking a bit stretched ::)

Quo Vadis Capital has a nice presentation on SHAK and competitors:

http://quovadiscapital.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/92/2019/10/SHAK-presentation-Cyprus-Value-Investor-Conference-Oct-2019.pdf

They were right about SHAK when the presentation was published (Oct 2019) and I believe they are right again...

Exited 1211.HK and SHAK.

I would have liked to hold these two forever but the market is looking a bit stretched ::)

I am internally debating what to do about BYD as well. Haven't sold yet, but should probably trim at a minimum. It has gotten big. Was there in anything in particular that made you pull the trigger?

I am internally debating what to do about BYD as well. Haven't sold yet, but should probably trim at a minimum. It has gotten big. Was there anything in particular that made you pull the trigger?

I tried not to sell too early, but my strength failed me today. The stock is up ~500%, so it was simply time for me to leave the party while the music is playing. BYD is still a great company. Nothing has changed. BYD's future is perhaps brighter than I imagined. I still think the company is China's version of TSLA.

I am pretty much out of PDH and sold the remaining earlier this week.  I did roll the cash into FFH and will enjoy the ride up as this Q will be incredible and the moves in BB has not been reflected in the stock yet!  PDH has been a terrible investment and a learning experience. 

Nope!  Now if only PDH would do something right for once eh OurKid?

Ha!

Sold some FFH; decided it was time to lock in some nice 20% gains.

The last three months has been a moon shot for investors. I have been locking in gains the past week or so and am now at 65% cash. My top 3 holdings are FFH, SAP.TO and BRK. I think all three are cheap (Fairfax was back up the truck cheap back in October).

The overall market is starting to look pretty frothy. Yesterday we saw some actual fear in the markets for the first time in months. The WallStreetBets worm looks like it may have turned today; what happens to the overall market when the GME type trades reverse and there is blood in the streets? It is coming we just don’t know the timing :-) The news on the virus front (UK, South African and Brazil mutations) has also been a little concerning; need to better understand what is going on and if it impacts the 2H recovery thesis. Bottom line, happy to book some solid gains and watch from the sidelines :-)

Sold some more GME 5 and 5.5 Puts

Nice, what dates?

I sold some Nov $4.50 and July $3 last week. And then some July $.50 for $.05 which I think is a steal. What are your thoughts on valuation? Unless it goes bankrupt I think those $.50 ones are easy money and a 10% return on notional in 6 months.

Was also doing this last week. Got .10 for the July $1 strikes.

Nice, what dates?

I sold some Nov $4.50 and July $3 last week. And then some July $.50 for $.05 which I think is a steal. What are your thoughts on valuation? Unless it goes bankrupt I think those $.50 ones are easy money and a 10% return on notional in 6 months.

Was also doing this last week. Got .10 for the July $1 strikes.

Nice. I want to put on bear put spreads but the IV and the premium differentials between various strikes is still really high. Can't figure out how to make big money on this, other than the small amounts made with these abovementioned trades.

Nice, what dates?

I think your $0.50 will remain out of the money even if it does go bankrupt.