Graham-Newman Worksheets

matjone

At Graham-Newman they used worksheets to determine whether to buy a stock.  I remember seeing this mentioned by Buffett somewhere, and I also remember seeing them in one of the editions of security analysis.  I can't remember which one it was, and so far I have not been able to find them through google searching.  So, does anyone here know where I can find a copy of this online?  If not, maybe someone here can recall in which edition of Security Analysis they appeared?  Thanks in advance,

Hi Mat-

I think it may included in the back of the "Einstein of Money", which contrary to other reviews, I thought to be a pretty good book.  I will check my books tonight.  I also feel like there may be a sample worksheet in the back of "There's Always something to Do," and if so may be worth looking at.  I will check that for you tonight also.

Buckeye

Thank you Buckeye.

I have been looking through the 1940 edition of security analysis and I don't think it is in there.  I think it is in the one written in the 60's, which was the 4th edition if I remember right.

There is one in the 3rd edition but I am not sure its specifically what they used in house. Close enough I would think.

Ok, so I was wrong about the Einstein book having any forms.  However, Peter Cundhill's book does have their "Net net worksheet" that he designed in 1975 and used throughout his entire career.

For Graham, there is a little book titled "The Interpretation of Financial Statements" The classic 1937 edition by Graham and Meredith that starting on page 81 has an 8 page worksheet process of applying his certain ratios and calculations. 

LMK if you find what you are looking for.