One of the Greatest Investment Opportunities...

Parsad

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanjeev was silent when he was loading up on Sears Holdings calls while I and others bought the common. I suspect the reason for secrecy is that it is more call options. I bet he checked out other retailers after the Sears Home run so my guess is JCP as somebody is buying a lot of out of the money calls. A strong USD will help the US retailers as imports get cheaper. Ackman capitulating is a good buy signal. But almost $!B negative cash last quarter is inconsistent with the conviction. My guess is that it is one of the US retailers.

Sanjeev I enjoy the guessing game as it makes us all look. Good practice.

Actually, I'm not buying anything and it was just a way to get you guys to throw out ideas!  Look at all those guesses!  ::)

No, just kidding.  I am buying a lot of something.  A real disconnect between economics and valuation...not speculative...not a 9-foot hurdle.  Always amazing how these opportunities present themselves when you apply some patience...and in an era of overblown, overvalued assets out there.  Cheers!

Actually, I'm not buying anything and it was just a way to get you guys to throw out ideas!  Look at all those guesses!  ::)

No, just kidding.  I am buying a lot of something.  A real disconnect between economics and valuation...not speculative...not a 9-foot hurdle.  Always amazing how these opportunities present themselves when you apply some patience...and in an era of overblown, overvalued assets out there.  Cheers!

I bet it is something starts with letter B

Can you tell us if a thread exists about it on the investment board?  ;)

Come on guys.  Our moderator is just pulling our leg as we all know that there is no such thing as great opportunity or a $100 bill laying on the sidewalk in an efficient market.

I'm planning some consulting gigs, presentations and then I will write a book about the idea..."You're Welcome Planet Mars"...how one man's investment idea will save the entire solar system!  But the numbers I'll present regarding the investment will run from the lowest price I bought at to some arbitrary point in time where the stock has done very well, and then I'll use some formula to extrapolate how my returns dwarf Warren Buffett's returns.  Cheers!

parsad, is it an idea where you are long or short?  Short, it could be tesla.  Long I have no idea, some hints? Market cap? Sector?

I m from belgium.  On my side, I recommand to look at resilux on euronext especially their joint venture which has just signed an agreement with procter and gamble about.

parsad, is it an idea where you are long or short?  Short, it could be tesla.  Long I have no idea, some hints? Market cap? Sector?

Long.  You guys are too smart.  I start giving details and somebody on here will figure it out...guaranteed!  Cheers!

Can you tell us if a thread exists about it on the investment board?  ;)

Parsad you haven't answered this question, even though it's been asked twice! This leads me to believe that the answer is YES. :D

Long.  You guys are too smart.  I start giving details and somebody on here will figure it out...guaranteed!  Cheers!

You want us to figure it out. Why else would you have posted this?!

Yes, I do want you to figure it out...but I can't make it a "gimme". 

The only clue is that some of you are on the right track and some of you aren't.  Cheers!

Sanjeev, you are a friendly fellow! I hope to meet you one day!

I have a few guesses...I remember there was a thread a few months ago where you mentioned (in the context of a rising market) there were still opportunities to buy whole companies at great prices. You mentioned some small-cap Canadian company I believe.

I am thinking it is along those lines...a 500m-1.5b Canadian company.

Yes, I do want you to figure it out...but I can't make it a "gimme". 

The only clue is that some of you are on the right track and some of you aren't.  Cheers!

I've been lucky once. lets try for twice: microsoft