best broker for roth ira/personal account?

rockket

I find Scottrade's interface insanely frustrating to use. I think Fidelity has the simplest and best interface.

Depending on how big your account is, both Scottrade and TD will give you cash for establishing a retirement account there. Might mitigate any difference in fees.

scottrade for me on both.

Not to hijack, but I'm looking for a HSA broker where I can manage it like a roth. Anyone have any suggestions?

HSA Bank lets you set up a sub-account with ameritrade.

Interactive Brokers in my opinion is the best on price (commissions, margins and fees), best on tools, best on product/market breadth.  The only thing I wish they could improve is customer service.  Would definitely recommend.

Second IB and also agree with the criticism. There's also a $10 monthly fee if you don't meet certain trade minimums.

scottrade for me on both.

Not to hijack, but I'm looking for a HSA broker where I can manage it like a roth. Anyone have any suggestions?

HSA Bank lets you set up a sub-account with ameritrade.

Interactive Brokers in my opinion is the best on price (commissions, margins and fees), best on tools, best on product/market breadth.  The only thing I wish they could improve is customer service.  Would definitely recommend.

Guest longinvestor

For IRA's I look for a FI which has at least as many years of history in business (with few questions on integrity) as the number of years of life expectancies (Wife and I) we have left. In the case of the Roth, somewhat longer to include our children's lives as well as this may end up being what we pass on. Fidelity (60 years) does it for us. Don't want the hassle of moving $, and certainly want to avoid financial distress. Body and muscle ache will be enough :'(

While on this subject we are also suspicious of the long term insurance providers as well! Are they going to be around should a need arise?