UBS: Best of Americas

Phaceliacapital

Hi all,

I am attending a conference in London next week and was wondering which companies you guys think are most interesting to go listen to?

Participating companies 2013:

Alaska Air

Anadarko

American Tower

Ameriprise Financial

Cisco

City National Corp.

CBOE Holdings

Colgate-Palmolive*

Dow Chemicals

Dunkin' Brands, Inc.

Ford Motor Company*

Lennar

Marathon Oil

Monsanto

PerkinElmer

Rogers Communications

Royal Bank of Canada

TripAdvisor

Zimmer

I am already going to DD and hope that they offer free company products!

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

I am attending a conference in London next week and was wondering which companies you guys think are most interesting to go listen to?

Participating companies 2013:

Alaska Air

Anadarko

American Tower

Ameriprise Financial

Cisco

City National Corp.

CBOE Holdings

Colgate-Palmolive*

Dow Chemicals

Dunkin' Brands, Inc.

Ford Motor Company*

Lennar

Marathon Oil

Monsanto

PerkinElmer

Rogers Communications

Royal Bank of Canada

TripAdvisor

Zimmer

I am already going to DD and hope that they offer free company products!

Thanks in advance

My recommendation is skip the presentations and just hang out in the lobby eating cookies, drinking coffee and pretending to be busy like everyone else. Skip the initial step of actually sitting down in the conference room and then 5 minutes in holding your blackberry or phone up and "angrily" shaking your head that someone has the audacity to require you speak right that second. But if you must sit first.  Loudly whisper into the phone for added effect "What?!  I'm in an important meeting!  You have to talk now?!  Ok. One second."  Then rush out of the room and stand in a corner in the lobby facing the wall for a few min while pretending to have a call. Then when the crowd turns over and no one is paying attention to you sit in a chair with your cookies and coffee and spread a document out. Under it have the sports page. But if someone walks by be furiously writing notes in the margin.

Haha thanks for the advice. Last time I went to such a seminar I scared a group of mutual fund managers standing behind me when I let out a loud "Oh my god" while reading from one of the free BB terminals they had there. Of course, thanks to the monotonous orange/black layout little did they know that I was reading the Golf news and Woods just hit a double bogey.

I agree though that most presentations are often a waste of time, although there are some CEO's (the ones that use their presentation for one slide and then start to improvise) that are worth listening to.

Haven't had the time yet but currently AMT (wondering about the Mudday Waters debate), CBOE, Monsanto (very nice business) and Dunkin are on my list.