Jiro Dreams of Sushi or The Search for Perfection

giofranchi

Seen this movie well over 10 times. Often just watch the intro speech by Jiro where he talks about being the greatest by just being unquestionably dedicated to the craft and never looking back.

I apply this to my work every day and whenever I am down, I just watch that speech and get back to it.

• 7 months later...

Obama begins Asia trip with 'the best sushi I've ever had'

(CNN) -- Anyone who imagines U.S. President Barack Obama and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe discussed territorial disputes with China or the U.S.'s "pivot to Asia" foreign policy during their private dinner in Tokyo on Wednesday likely isn't familiar with the restaurant where the two leaders dined.

Ahead of a protocol-bound formal state visit that officially begins on Thursday, Abe took Obama to Sukibayashi Jiro, the fabled restaurant in Tokyo's fashionable Ginza district widely regarded as the best sushi restaurant in the world. [...]

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/23/travel/obama-tokyo-sushi-restaurant/

Once you decide on your occupation... you must immerse yourself in your work. You have to fall in love with your work. Never complain about your job. You must dedicate your life to mastering your skill. That's the secret of success... and is the key to being regarded honorably.

Jiro Ono

One of my all time favorite movies!

Charlie Munger told me he does not watch movies etc. I anyway recommended he see this movie. No idea if he did! :-\

Mohnish

Jiro Dreams of Sushi received one of the top awards presented at the Movieguide Gala in Hollywood this year that we attended.  It's awesome, definitely a movie to be watched over and over again.  :)

Wow! What a surprise to see this on here!

It's really, a great movie. Such an awesome amount of dedication to his craft. Someday soon I hope to eat there.

You can eat at Sushi Nakazawa instead! http://www.sushinakazawa.com/

He is a disciple of Jiro. And from what I hear Nakazawa is way more livelier. Also it is cheaper.  ;D

Yea I think his place is ~$150 and Jiro's is ~$300. Both pricey, but I'd give them both a go if I have the opportunity.