Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

Parsad

And for those of you thinking I'm cracking up because he wrote a book...you're wrong.  I'm cracking up because only he would think of a title like that and then price it where he's priced it! 

I still can't stop laughing...I'm going to have to walk away from the computer for a few minutes and watch a replay of Miley Cyrus at the VMA's last night.  That should stop me from laughing!  Cheers!

I can't stop laughing!!

Of course, it shouldn't come as a surprise, since Harry Long self-declared himself a GOD years ago:

http://www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca/forum/general-discussion/the-10-commandments-of-insurance-investing/msg46138/#msg46138

I'm overwhelmed with gratitude!  What unbridled generosity that such an immortal would bless this earth with his ground breaking mathematical discovery that will compound at 30% annually with zero correlation to the S&P!!  Forget that silly old saying that starts with "If it looks too good to be true...", thats just old school, we are in the modern era and have high speed computers.  It's different this time!  :o

He sells only for $200 for the most powerful trading system on earth. It does not make any sense. It should worth at least $2 million. He won't achieve Madoff's level if he starts at this low level. LOL

This is author introduction on Amazon:

Harry Long is the inventor of Structural Arbitrage and the Managing Partner of Contrarian Industries LLC, a firm that specializes in proprietary trading, systematic investment research, and strategic consulting. Mr. Long is a globally recognized expert on the research and development of empirical investment strategies. As a consultant, Mr. Long is sought after by asset management firms, hedge funds, principal trading organizations, index providers, ETP sponsors, and private equity firms to help them develop and deploy benchmark crushing systematic investment strategies. Mr. Long is a graduate of Rice University with a B.A. in Economics.

Come on guys, Harry has a very distinctive personality but he was right about SURW and ALSK (though Packer beat him to the punch on the later).  :)

Sanjeev, you are killing me man!!!! ;D ;D ;D

The irony of the book title and the name of the author, Harry "Long", is simply classic.  I think he should just go with an alias like "Goe Long", and this would have been worth $500, not $200...

Perhaps you are not aware that the author was a daily poster on these boards a couple years back. 

For those who are unaware of the backstory, he was a frequent poster who had a reputation for arrogance and would rudely insult others for their ideas while contributing very few of his own.  He would often refer to his quantitative approach ("our systems") wildly outperforming...but would never share performance data.  I believe several times Sanjeev threatened to ban him for using insulting language (I also believe he insulted Sanjeev himself)...though when I search his posting name nothing appears.  I'm not sure if his disappearance was due to an actual ban or not, but I would suggest the board is better off without him.

As you can tell from his book title and the few pages available on Amazon, Harry writes as though he has a well-established track record and deserves the respect of the investment community.  However, in reality he is a kid who graduated from Rice University within the last few years (I believe 2007, but his linkedin profile is no longer public) and has never had a real job (or at least according to his former linkedin profile).  I was always suspicious that given his background of no career history that he was someone who was just playing around with family money...and then upon googling his father's name today (whom he dedicated the book to), I found this (which mentions a son Harry):

http://www.cruisingworld.com/news/yachtsman-sumner-huey-long-1921-2011

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1081859/

Not that lack of age and experience means anything with regard to potential success (Michelangelo produced the Pietà at age 24)...or that ease of career due to access to family money means anything either...but in a case of an individual under age 30 with no career history and no disclosure of a track record the extreme level of arrogance certainly appears baseless.

Which brings me back to the same conclusion I mentioned earlier...Not sure if trolling or just stupid.

If I'm not mistaken Harry Long at one point decided that "the board was not worthy of his knowledge" after which he deleted all the topics he had created (SURW was one. EBIX another?). That on itself was a shame... After that, I believe he came back shortly. Maybe then he got banned?

Don’t know why you guys are laughing.  If he sold one to his father, his mother, sisters & brothers, he probably made a thousand bucks.

Furthermore, while others scoff, at $5.56 per page this could be one of the most expensive books recently published. I also note that the book ranks #241,990 on Amazon’s best seller (cellar) list.

Also I believe you have to buy a book before you can review it on Amazon. Therefore, one might deduce that there are at least seven in his family since he has seven positive reviews.

For some reason, every now and again, and as recently as last week, I receive an invitation to join Harry’s Linkedin network. I think I’ll pass, but if anyone wants his email address....

Sanjeev, you are killing me man!!!! ;D ;D ;D

The irony of the book title and the name of the author, Harry "Long", is simply classic.  I think he should just go with an alias like "Goe Long", and this would have been worth $500, not $200...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1081859/

Interesting first page of the SI article.  I am going to go back and finish it tonight.  Thanks.

As a consultant, Mr. Long is sought after by asset management firms, hedge funds, principal trading organizations, index providers, ETP sponsors, and private equity firms to help them develop and deploy benchmark crushing systematic investment strategies.

I work for a large buy-side firm that, regrettably, likes to spend money on consultants. I'd love to bring him in, videotape his presentation (and Q&A) and share it with you all.  :)