pop up ad at the bottom

alertmeipp

pls remove asap, very annoying

Hi Alertmeipp,

It only shows up on tablets and phones.  It doesn't show up on desktops and laptops.  Also, unlike other contextual ads, it doesn't keep moving all over the screen, but stays at the bottom of the screen. 

Give it a few days, and you won't notice it...just initially it is a bit annoying, because it's never been there before.  I promise, you won't see any other ads showing up on the message board.  That is it!

Cheers,

Sanjeev 

Hi Alertmeipp,

It only shows up on tablets and phones.  It doesn't show up on desktops and laptops.  Also, unlike other contextual ads, it doesn't keep moving all over the screen, but stays at the bottom of the screen. 

Give it a few days, and you won't notice it...just initially it is a bit annoying, because it's never been there before.  I promise, you won't see any other ads showing up on the message board.  That is it!

Cheers,

Sanjeev

why on phone? not much real estate on a phone already :'(

Hi Alertmeipp,

Cheers,

Sanjeev

why on phone? not much real estate on a phone already :'(

I'll see if there is a way to remove it from phones.  I didn't see that option at Media.net.  I prefer Google Ads, but you can only have a maximum of three Google Ads on any page.  I want to utilize that space on the Welcome Area with a small ad, as well as on the Homepage, but unfortunately almost every company other than Google, uses these types of contextual ads where they float.  Most have them floating all over the site, rather than at the bottom.  I'll see what I can do.  Cheers!

It doesn't bother me at all -- it's fine on the iPad.

Plus, the banner ads can provide some revenue to offset the costs of running the forum. It can't be cheap to run this thing...

The cost of running the forum isn't that much.  It's more of a question of my time.  The funds are small, so I can't make a living off of them yet...thus I make a living from my own personal investments and working on the occasional client for Alnesh's firm.  But working on clients for Alnesh takes time from the funds. 

So I figured that I'm on the site at least 2 hours a day checking things, filtering memberships & spam, posting, and moderating.  Well, if I can make a bit of income off of the site, it kills two birds with one stone...less time working for Alnesh's firm, more time on the funds, and I'm utilizing roughly the same amount of time on the site to replace that income.  It makes my life easier and better!  Cheers! 

Alertmeipp,

Let me know if that helps now.  There was a disable switch on the site for mobile ads.  I don't know if that includes tablets or just phones.  On tablets, I don't think it's as obtrusive. 

I tried it on my phone and it doesn't pop up anymore...make sure you refresh, because it may still be in the cache.  Cheers! 

The cost of running the forum isn't that much.  It's more of a question of my time.  The funds are small, so I can't make a living off of them yet...thus I make a living from my own personal investments and working on the occasional client for Alnesh's firm.  But working on clients for Alnesh takes time from the funds.

So I figured that I'm on the site at least 2 hours a day checking things, filtering memberships & spam, posting, and moderating.  Well, if I can make a bit of income off of the site, it kills two birds with one stone...less time working for Alnesh's firm, more time on the funds, and I'm utilizing roughly the same amount of time on the site to replace that income.  It makes my life easier and better!  Cheers!

Sanjeev - I thought you were a man of leisure like Eric ( that doesnt need to work for a living ) and who is trusted by Prem to manage his money.

One can only wish on both counts!  Cheers!