Heads Up - Board Update Probably Tonight

Parsad

Hi Folks,

Just a heads up that the site is going to be updated sometime tonight...most likely!  ;D  So if the site is down for a few hours, you know why.

There will be very minor cosmetic changes on the message board, but the homepage will be revamped to match the message board.  I will have a couple of new things on the homepage...a section with value investing-related videos, an area where industry/employment-related postings will be put up (already getting requests from people to post stuff on there), and a small section to showcase anything boardmembers may want to publish...a sort of soundoff section.  There will also be a live feed to new threads on the message board.

These are minor improvements, and I'll continue to make changes over time.  I'd like to thank Paul Clerc and his team at Watermelon Webworks for the time and effort they put in to doing these upgrades.  Paul's a hard-core value investor, and I was very fortunate to stumble across him and have him take over the site's support and service.  They do great work, so if you aren't happy with your IT guy, send him an email at paul@watermelonwebworks.com.  Cheers and thanks!

Nice work Sanjeev.

May I suggest a potential improvement? I'd like it if there were 20 posts per page instead of just 10. I feel like 10 posts per page visually breaks discussions up quite a bit.

Of course there might be good reasons for 10 as well, faster load time, etc.

Nice work Sanjeev.

May I suggest a potential improvement? I'd like it if there were 20 posts per page instead of just 10. I feel like 10 posts per page visually breaks discussions up quite a bit.

You can change that in your settings! ;)

Nice work Sanjeev.

Constructive-

Choose Profile -> Summary -> then right above your board name is "modify profile -> look & layout -> messages to display per page -> choose 

>:(

Love the new design great job. Other day I heard someone say Corner of Berkshire is better than VIC, and I could not agree more. Keep up the great work.

Indy,...

I wish that this wouldn't hear too many people.  ::)

Sanj,...

Marvelous new homepage,... specially the new introduction of the history of the board. So newbies aren't confused or scared of these fanatics here,... LOL  : ;D

Love the new design great job. Other day I heard someone say Corner of Berkshire is better than VIC, and I could not agree more. Keep up the great work.

I like that.  Was it me you quoted!  ;D

Actually, without a doubt it's because of the quality of people we have here, and pretty much no subject is taboo.  You can have broad expansive analysis of an idea, or someone just talking about a movie and the film industry.  People here have become lifelong friends...not just posters on a message board.  Cheers!

I have to agree with the other fine gentlemen here (and ladies...if there are any!). The new site looks great. Very clean and new lookin'. Good job on the design!