Unusual WSJ Ad

JEast

Guest longinvestor

I'm not really a conspiracy theorist, but some of the stuff posted to Byrne's Deep Capture site makes for some interesting bedtime reading.

Having lived thru' the Yahoo:FFH msg board (2002-03) and (2005-06), the short cabal is no conspiracy theory. I have personally locked horns with some of the posters(not unlike Sanjeev) executing the attack on FFH. There was near perfect correlation between the rumour mongering, extreme short interest and a depressed FFH stock price. It turned out well for us as we bought and held on to the stock but it took the FFH lawsuit to stop all of this. They were not going to stop otherwise.

Although I've not owned other stocks which were short attacked to oblivion, the central question that deepcapture poses is what gives these hedgies the hellish right to do this? Byrne and deepcapture have been ignored, made to look like idiots in the public eye but it turns out that just about everything they alleged is turning out to be true!

No, this is no bedtime story at all, it is a shame it took 10 plus years to get to this point. More people would be sleeping well without reading bedtime books had the regulators acted sooner on the deepcapture expose! Byrne is a hero.

I'm not really a conspiracy theorist, but some of the stuff posted to Byrne's Deep Capture site makes for some interesting bedtime reading.

Having lived thru' the Yahoo:FFH msg board (2002-03) and (2005-06), the short cabal is no conspiracy theory. I have personally locked horns with some of the posters(not unlike Sanjeev) executing the attack on FFH. There was near perfect correlation between the rumour mongering, extreme short interest and a depressed FFH stock price. It turned out well for us as we bought and held on to the stock but it took FFH lawsuit to stop all of this. They were not going to stop otherwise.

Although I've not owned other stocks which were short attacked to oblivion, the central question that deepcapture poses is what gives these hedgies the hellish right to do this? Byrne and deepcapture have been ignored, made to look like idiots in the public eye but it turns out that just about everything they alleged is turning out to be true!

No, this is no bedtime story at all, it is a shame it took 10 plus years to get to this point. More people would be sleeping well without reading bedtime books had the regulators acted sooner on the deepcapture expose! Byrne is a hero.

Prem has too much class to put an ad out like that, but I'm glad Patrick doesn't!  ;D  Especially after all the shit that they went through (1/3rd their own doing, 2/3rds the miscreants).  In Patrick's case, because he was so vocal about it, they made him out to be a complete idiot.  Remember, this is a man who was so adamant that SAC was corrupt, that he got into an argument with his own father because he thought he was doing the right thing.  Perhaps a little misguided, as the business suffered because of the crusade, but true to form, he was fighting a much bigger fight like he always has his whole life.

Almost everything he's said...from the effects of naked short-selling to the corruption in the financial industry and co-opted journalists, analysts and portfolio managers has come true.  I remember watching CNBC about three years back, and that idiot Joe Kernen, along with David Faber and sweathog Herb Greenberg, were doing a hatchet job on Byrne and Overstock.  I remember Kernen and Faber's actual comments..."Is Byrne even relevant anymore...is he still around?  Is Overstock.com around?  I think they're finished."  They were pissed off because Byrne had said that there was a fax machine at CNBC head office that receives faxes directly from Cohen.  Who would have believed it then, and who wouldn't believe it today after the attorney general has put a bounty on SAC's head! 

Byrne doesn't always have the right delivery, nor is he the greatest orator of all time, but the man puts his neck on the line for a fight, and I couldn't agree more with longinvestor...Byrne is a hero today...a crazy ass hero who knows no bounds, but a hero nonetheless!  Cheers!

Some really odd smoke signals from Steve Cohen...

Steven Cohen throws a party despite his fund's indictment

Reuters 2013-07-28

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/28/us-sac-fund-party-idUSBRE96R0BQ20130728

Some in the hedge fund industry said a fierce determination to carry on business as usual was behind Cohen's decision to go ahead with the bash at his 9,000-square-foot home on a street famed for its waterfront mansions.

The firm lists its regulatory assets at about $50 billion, a figure that reflects the use of leverage, or borrowed money, to enhance the trading prowess of its $14 billion in capital, of which more than $8 billion comes from Cohen and his employees.