Keeping Track of Potential Investments

mcliu

How do you guys keep track of potential investments and their prices? I've looked at a lot of companies and there are often times where after I've researched a company, it falls into target range a few months later but I would miss it since I don't keep track of prices. Do you guys use price alerts?

I'd like to get a regular report of how much these price alerts are being revised upwards or downwards, might be a good indicator of psychology.

What types of securities can you put into these alerts?  Do any of these allow you to do so with foreign securities? 

I use a free Morningstar account to track.  I sort them by 3 different mock "portfolios" - cheap, wide moat, and high dividend.

When I decide to track a stock, I just add 100 shares to the portfolio.  You can create custom views to sort them by however you want.  I don't use alerts, but check it regularly.  I like to track 30-50 at a time so at least several are down, implying an opportunity to look into.

Lately everything's been up though, and it's been frustrating.  There's not a margin of safety to be found.