For those of you interested in Biglari

T-bone1

I'm assuming most of that $335M is coming from Biglari Holdings transfer of their investment portfolio.

Also this quote was kind of funny:

“Biglari is a jockey stock,” he wrote in his 2011 letter to investors. “You are choosing the jockey; I am choosing the horses. It would be asinine to bet on a jockey and then deny him the saddle or whip.”

I guess he doesn't know much about the horse racing business.  The OWNERS pick the jockey and tell him which horse he is going to ride, not the other way around.  Cheers!

“Biglari is a jockey stock,” he wrote in his 2011 letter to investors. “You are choosing the jockey; I am choosing the horses. It would be asinine to bet on a jockey and then deny him the saddle or whip.”

I got a kick out of the same thing.  Was thinking the owner doesn't give the jockey a whip so the jockey can turnarouond and beat him with it.

I got a kick out of the same thing.  Was thinking the owner doesn't give the jockey a whip so the jockey can turnarouond and beat him with it.

LOL!  Unfortunately, ever since the 80's, it's been all about the star manager/executive...no more serving the client, but the client serving the manager/executive.  "I'm the jockey...I'm the star"...and it isn't just this guy...they all pop up on CNBC, Bloomberg, and pretty much everywhere else! 

Where the f**k has humility gone in this business?  When Hollywood celebrities are showing more humility than money managers, you know something is upside down in the industry.  Cheers!

• 1 month later...