Canadian oil patch for sale!

Cardboard

There is a link to the audio recording from the Manitok annual meeting.

I really like this management team, will be selling some Clarke to buy more.

---

This reminds me of Clarke. The CEO here is so articulate. He knows exactly why they are cheap. No natural Foothills buyer because few others are in the play, and no set of inventory like most other Canadian stocks. Instead of complaining about it, they buy into Entrice to get natural repeatable inventory, expand in the foothills, and buy back a ton of stock. I really like thier plan and they are spending much more then I could buying back stock and insiders buying shares. Will be interesting to see what Entrice results are like.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great discussion - thanks for the insights, everyone.

One question - where can I find information on insider purchases/sales as well as progress with repurchases for Canadian stocks. I've been on Sedar.com but that site is a disgrace. I thought the SEC has some way to go but at least there's bamsec.com now and other sites that make it more digestible. At least the SEC site/filings are easier to find and read in the first place though.

For example Manitok - I like that the CEO makes a clear call and finds value in his own shares vs. anything he may acquire - but where can I find out more about him putting his own money where is mouth is and how they are proceeding with the repurchases?

Thank you - C.

Where is this link? Can't seem to find it? Is it in the stock house post - do I need to be logged on there as a user? Thank you. C.

There is a link to the audio recording from the Manitok annual meeting.

I really like this management team, will be selling some Clarke to buy more.

---

This reminds me of Clarke. The CEO here is so articulate. He knows exactly why they are cheap. No natural Foothills buyer because few others are in the play, and no set of inventory like most other Canadian stocks. Instead of complaining about it, they buy into Entrice to get natural repeatable inventory, expand in the foothills, and buy back a ton of stock. I really like thier plan and they are spending much more then I could buying back stock and insiders buying shares. Will be interesting to see what Entrice results are like.

Sunrider,

One question - where can I find information on insider purchases/sales as well as progress with repurchases for Canadian stocks. I've been on Sedar.com but that site is a disgrace. I thought the SEC has some way to go but at least there's bamsec.com now and other sites that make it more digestible. At least the SEC site/filings are easier to find and read in the first place

though.

Yeah, insider information in Canada is crude, this is how I look it up:

1 - For canadian insider trading go to SEDI, specifically this page: https://www.sedi.ca/sedi/SVTReportsAccessController?menukey=null&locale=en_CA

2 - Click Insider Transaction Detail and then Next.

3 - On the next page there is a dropdown below the text 'Identify insider or issuer'.  Select from the dropdown box 'Issuer name'.    In the text box beside it, type in 'Manitok'.

4 - Click Search at the bottom of the page.

looks like additional insider buying of Manitok

Jun 27/14 Jun 27/14 Vouri, Cameron Grant Direct Ownership Common Shares 10 - Acquisition in the public market 25,000 $2.64

Jun 26/14 Jun 26/14 Geremia, Bruno P. Indirect Ownership Common Shares 10 - Acquisition in the public market 10,000 $2.53

Anyone have any thoughts on the COO being fired?  From the little bits and pieces I know of the company, it was essentially the COO & the CEO who started the company back in 2005.  The COO brought over the operations team that has (presumably) been instrumental in their success to date.  To me, the COO being let go is a mark against the company.  Don't get me wrong, it's just one of many variables and I'm still super-bullish but I wish I had more insight into what was going on there.  Hopefully it was just a disagreement on strategy and not something related to exploration/production.

The COO left to start Panterra.

Which is buying assets in the foothills.....

My guess is its a disagreement and the COO wanted to be the CEO and found it easier to leave and do his own thing.

He is buying acreage in the same place.

His leaving has caused Manitok to be undervalued and hated by the street for a year. Not surprising the CEO is a bit bitter.

It looks like he took alot of the team. Basically poached Manitok. He is buying similar acreage so the assets are fine inmo.

http://www.panterraresource.com/management.html

https://www.google.com/finance?q=CVE%3APRC&hl=en&ei=dvOxU6DsEKmjiQKc2IDgDg

Thank you guys - also for the reference to canadianinsider.com

Sunrider,

One question - where can I find information on insider purchases/sales as well as progress with repurchases for Canadian stocks. I've been on Sedar.com but that site is a disgrace. I thought the SEC has some way to go but at least there's bamsec.com now and other sites that make it more digestible. At least the SEC site/filings are easier to find and read in the first place

though.

Yeah, insider information in Canada is crude, this is how I look it up:

1 - For canadian insider trading go to SEDI, specifically this page: https://www.sedi.ca/sedi/SVTReportsAccessController?menukey=null&locale=en_CA

2 - Click Insider Transaction Detail and then Next.

3 - On the next page there is a dropdown below the text 'Identify insider or issuer'.  Select from the dropdown box 'Issuer name'.    In the text box beside it, type in 'Manitok'.

4 - Click Search at the bottom of the page.

• 2 weeks later...

nice writeup  on LTS  i did sell about a 3rd of holdings in around 8.70 and have been adding on fall

http://buysidenotes.com/2014/07/15/lightstream-lts-3x-eventually/

How does KOG compare to LTS in growth rate?

Kog is also spending 940 million on capex vs 525-575 million for Lightstream.  Lightstream is currently projecting an exit rate of 45,000-47,000 vs 39-41k for Kog. 

If only Lightstream just turned off the dividend and drilled a few more exploratory wells.  Lightstream is worth more than 6 billion dollars at $100 oil. 

Being cashflow positive combined with a cheap valuation, deep drilling inventory makes it a very attractive takeover candidate right now. 

Guest 50centdollars

Eric Nuttal on Market Call.

He is inmo the top O&G Analyst in Canada.

Up 45% YTD.

I own PWE and Manitok and keep kicking the tires around Lightstream. 3 Names he hates....

Eric Nuttal is a terrible investor