Mr. Buffett the Teacher - Documentary

Guest hellsten

Guest hellsten

I'm wondering if anyone anyone here has seen the documentary "Mr. Buffett the Teacher"?

https://www.facebook.com/MrBuffettTheTeacher

"Mr. Buffett the Teacher" is a University of Nebraska at Omaha School of Communication documentary project. The world premier showing was on Friday, May 3, 2013 at UNO's Mammel Hall. Watch for broadcasts and an upcoming DVD.

Warren Buffett returned from New York to Omaha. He was launching his career, but he had a fear of public speaking. After taking a Dale Carnegie course, he asked to teach an investing course at Omaha University. He taught for about 10 years. The Wizard of Wall Street has returned to teaching in recent years by hosting hundreds of students each year.

I found out about the documentary through a video named "Warren Buffett (1962) talks about a brief stock market drop" on YouTube:

Warren Buffett was interviewed by KMTV, Omaha in early June of 1962. A University of Nebraska at Omaha School of Communication documentary team discovered the film clip in the Nebraska State Historical Society archives in March of 2013. The clip likely never aired on local television, according to an independent analysis by retired videographers and producers. It is a long clip for broadcast news, it showed no signs of editing, and its condition is extremely good. The film clip was used in the new documentary, "Mt. Buffett the Teacher" (2013), which describes Warren Buffett's University of Omaha teaching of investing from 1951 through 1962. This is the earliest known visual recording of the financial icon, yet nobody seemed to know it existed.

Did I read that right ? Buffett was a teacher for 10 years at Omaha University ?

I had no idea lol, that's pretty cool. In the video he doesn't look a day over 25.... Long live Warren Buffett  8)

I'll definitely check out the documentary.

Here's an extended interview with WEB (from today) about his teaching experience, his fascination with the media biz, etc.

I really think it's great that Charlie Rose is his favorite show, considering that a lot of us like to post those Charlie Rose videos for the board.

• 5 months later...