Gates Interviews

nwoodman

• 1 year later...

This Man's Job: Make Bill Gates Richer

Secretive Money Manager Michael Larson Helped Microsoft Co-Founder's Fortune Balloon to $82 Billion

http://online.wsj.com/articles/this-mans-job-make-bill-gates-richer-1411093811

fareast, I cannot read the article I think you need to register or pay ......

But I always wondered if people realize that Larsen has compounded money much faster than say Brk for the last 10-15 yrs . No I don't have the exact numbers, but I can just estimate from Gate's share of MSFT and how he has grown it to 100+ Billion when you take the $82 bil + whatever he gave to the Melinda and Bill Gates foundation.

Maybe there should be 20,000 people going to a Larsen event.

WEB said Gates is the smartest person he has ever met.  I give him kudos for having the insight to interview and find one of the smartest investors around.....

This Man's Job: Make Bill Gates Richer

Secretive Money Manager Michael Larson Helped Microsoft Co-Founder's Fortune Balloon to $82 Billion

http://online.wsj.com/articles/this-mans-job-make-bill-gates-richer-1411093811

fareast, I cannot read the article I think you need to register or pay ......

But I always wondered if people realize that Larsen has compounded money much faster than say Brk for the last 10-15 yrs . No I don't have the exact numbers, but I can just estimate from Gate's share of MSFT and how he has grown it to 100+ Billion when you take the $82 bil + whatever he gave to the Melinda and Bill Gates foundation.

Maybe there should be 20,000 people going to a Larsen event.

WEB said Gates is the smartest person he has ever met.  I give him kudos for having the insight to interview and find one of the smartest investors around.....

Search google for the title of the WSJ piece. If your referer is search, you get the whole article.

The piece says:

Since 1995, Mr. Larson has delivered a compound annual return of 11% for the Gates Foundation and two predecessors, outperforming the S&P 500 stock index by more than one percentage point.

Thanks got it. Good to know how to read WSJ articles.

So he did only 11%? Well then I guess I was wrong, just looking at the Brk graph over the same period Brk has almost 13%.....

The article says that is the return for the foundation, not for Cascade. I would imagine the returns for Cascade is better (if nothing else, much more heavily weighted towards CNI which has been going gangbusters for a while).

I'm a little surprised people aren't looking at RSG more. Cascade has been continually buying for quite some time.