Annoying ads at the bottom of the screen

ericd1

Interesting, similar experience on my android tablet.

Which ad in particular is causing the grief?  I switched over to that text ad at the end of the posts to try something new...is that the one?  If so, I can get rid of it and go back to the smaller Amazon one.  As for the last ad on the bottom of the page...that one stays.  Cheers!

Which ad in particular is causing the grief?  I switched over to that text ad at the end of the posts to try something new...is that the one?  If so, I can get rid of it and go back to the smaller Amazon one.  As for the last ad on the bottom of the page...that one stays.  Cheers!

It's funny because now I can see an ad about annoying ads! :)

1 - Where do I send the $$$

2 - Yes the text ad at the end of the posts are causing the problem.  On the iPad the ad scrolls along with the posts and keeps resetting the page back up to the beginning of the posts.

The last ad on the bottom of the page is no problem...it's the new scrolling text ad -- just on my Ipad (not happening at all on the PC) that ericd describes that is maddening.  I would give half the profits of ericopoly's next trade to stop this.  I'm a diplomat.  :D

EDIT:  BTW, in keeping the recent theme, the ad seems to be saying -- to me at least: "You talkin' to me!"

Why not post a chip in counter somewhere on the Site and a expected amount to keep this ad free?

And see if the free market will fix this problem ?

Ad prevention are more valuable to some of the more wealthy members since their time and a picture of their mind are worth more.

Due to powers of association repetition and etc. 

Someone is spending a few dimes to have you look at something over and over again every day.

PS - I'd be happy to contribute to an "ad free" forum!

People always say that, but few, if any, do.  Cheers!

It's way beyond being merely annoying, Sanjeev. I have clicked on the despicable ad more than once by mistake If there is no X or if I miss it. 

The ad covers about one third to one half the screen when the iphone is turned sideways, including  translucent overlapping of what I'm trying to read. This causes even more false clicks when scrolling because it is nearly impossible to scroll without getting rid of the ad or inadvertently clicking on it.

It's not like any other display ad I've ever seen. It's about 100 times more annoying.  It looks like what one sees when there is a virus infection that affects the graphics. The ad seizes the working screen instead of being displayed at the bottom of the screen. If the strange graphics had not been confined to this site, I would have thought that my device had a virus.

When the keyboard is also displayed, the  x?&@x!x  ad covers up all of the rest of the screen but two or three lines.  If this were any other site, it would be history. 

1 - Where do I send the $$$

2 - Yes the text ad at the end of the posts are causing the problem.  On the iPad the ad scrolls along with the posts and keeps resetting the page back up to the beginning of the posts.

There is a Donations button near the top next to Home, Help, Search icons.

Thanks Sanjeev. The ads are gone.

For the first time I donated $25. If Price is what you pay and value is what you get, then this site has been an absolute bargain  ;D

Ok guys, that ad is gone and the usual Amazon ad is back.  Let me know if that is back to normal on the tablets.  Cheers!

I already thought that I have some Safari or iOS advertising bug on my iPad,... LOL.  But now everything works perfectly again on my iPad. Use it almost 99% of the time to access this site.

I also just donated $50 CAD to help support this site. Some unbelievable bargain for such a place. I only hope some fellow board members also find the same courage as me to press the Paypal donations button near the top of this page at -->> "Home, Help, Search, Donations, Profile, My Messages, Logout". I probably think any little amount will be nicely appreciated. Cheers!

Things look good again on my tablet -- I think twacowfca gave the best description of why this particular ad was bad.  I hate to think others without tablets or who weren't experiencing this thought we were just bitching.  It was making the site virtually unusable. That said, I don't want my complaints to discourage Sanj from trying other ads in the future or raising the funds necessary to keep this board so excellent.

Thanks for responding to our pleas on this one, Sanjeev.

I am joining in and making a $50 donation today.

Perhaps we should run a fundraising drive near the end of each year or at some point.  I believe someone was may already be doing this.

Thanks for the donations guys!  I don't have a tablet, so I had no idea that the new ad was creating problems.  I think I will just stick to Google Adsense and Amazon...they seem to work the best without much interference.  Cheers!

Thanks for the donations guys!  I don't have a tablet, so I had no idea that the new ad was creating problems.  I think I will just stick to Google Adsense and Amazon...they seem to work the best without much interference.  Cheers!

Thanks! I have no problem with the adsense ads, but this floating banner on mobile browsers was creating a bad user experience, especially because it was so easy to hit it with a finger by accident.

Many thanks, Sanjeev.  I appreciate all you do to keep this the best investing site by a country mile.  Please don't ever grow weary in well doing.  :)

Frank et al.

Just wondering Parsad, is the forum revenue neutral (or positive) or do you have to put in money to keep it up?

Or is it profitable so you can put it in BAC? Just kidding :)

It is profitable, and I will be upgrading the site over the next year.  Cheers!