Odd Tricks People Who Live Past 100 Swear By

Parsad

+1 for:

"I love bacon and I eat it everyday. I don't feel as old as I am, that's all I can say."

Yeah, that one caught my attention too.  That would be the perfect life if you could top off the bacon with a can of Coke!  ;D  Cheers!

+1 for:

"I love bacon and I eat it everyday. I don't feel as old as I am, that's all I can say."

Yeah, I am pretty convinced these days that high quality animal fat is far better for your than all the highly refined vegetable base oils that are in most fast and frozne food now at days.

It's funny in the past year or so I have seen a lot of articles saying that sugar is poison.  Sure seems to be a slow acting one on some of these people.  Sad thing is people like Bloomberg are actually listening to these experts and trying to legislate how much sugar people can consume based on their research.

It's funny in the past year or so I have seen a lot of articles saying that sugar is poison.  Sure seems to be a slow acting one on some of these people.  Sad thing is people like Bloomberg are actually listening to these experts and trying to legislate how much sugar people can consume based on their research.

This is a good presentation on sugar if memory serves me right. I haven't seen it in a couple years, but I think it gives a good overview of a lot of recent research:

I'm sorry but this  reminds me of the South Park episode where Stan's dad tells him "son, I have SARS.  There is only a 99% chance that I will survive."  Sugar shouldn't be a staple food, but to call it poison seems like hyperbole.

Sugar isn't poison the way arsenic is, it is more poison the way smoking tobacco is.  Anything that doesn't kill many of the people that ingest it, and takes decades to kill even the people it does take out isn't really a poison. It just isn't very good for you.  Take notice of the one lady that lived into her 120s who didn't give up smoking until she was 117.  This does not mean that the anti smoking propaganda is full of crap, it just means that smoking will not kill everyone.  Sugar consumption is the same.

The common theme for longevity seems to be, well,fu*k all. 

Plain old luck of the draw.  One thing I do think seems to affect people most is chronic stress.  I am not talking about acute stress from a single or a cluster of events.  Rather the continuous stress levied on us by commuting, cell phones, emails, and the like.  One theme of those interviewed that I can possibly come to is that they generally love what they are doing.  This is certainly the case with Irving Kahn, The Pediatrician, and the foam display dude.  That, and plain old luck.