Munger will be on squawk on the street

I know most would disagree with me here but I was pretty disappointed by the interview and the questions asked. If I had someone as brilliant as Munger on the other side of the room from me, I would probably prepare my questions a little better, instead of sticking to a formulaic interview. I think the questions posed during the Wesco meetings have more substance than the ones posed by Betty Quick. In fact, even Munger seemed slightly annoyed at one point by the repeated questions on economy and fed. I would say maybe 10 minutes of the interview was useful otherwise a waste of time or maybe I had higher expectations from the interview.

I know most would disagree with me here but I was pretty disappointed by the interview and the questions asked. If I had someone as brilliant as Munger on the other side of the room from me, I would probably prepare my questions a little better, instead of sticking to a formulaic interview. I think the questions posed during the Wesco meetings have more substance than the ones posed by Betty Quick. In fact, even Munger seemed slightly annoyed at one point by the repeated questions on economy and fed. I would say maybe 10 minutes of the interview was useful otherwise a waste of time or maybe I had higher expectations from the interview.

Agreed, but sadly, we're not the main demographic these TV shows are going after..

Completely agree! In fact, I was thinking about making a post saying just this, but you beat me to it. Who cares what he thinks about the economy?! Personally, I would love to learn more of Munger's own investing style, or what his typical work day is like. There is so much more to learn from Munger than what he thinks of Ben Bernanke.

Agreed.  She is either dense, ill prepared or both.

Or she knows that the vast majority of people who will watch the interview will want to hear about the economy and job reports and such, so she's doing exactly what most of her audience wants her to do. It just happens that it isn't what we would want her to do.

Infinitee, I agree too.  She should have known she was asking lousy questions just by thinking about how she prefaced them.  For example, "I know you don't pay any attention to the weekly jobs report, but tell me what are your thoughts on the weekly jobs report." She was wasting his time.

Or she knows that the vast majority of people who will watch the interview will want to hear about the economy and job reports and such, so she's doing exactly what most of her audience wants her to do. It just happens that it isn't what we would want her to do.

In Warren's case, maybe. The majority of the people who see a Buffett interview want to hear what he has to say on the economy, or the stock market.

I think in Munger's case, the people who are particularly interested in hearing his thoughts don't care to hear about the economy, and the people who care to hear about the economy aren't particularly interested in his thoughts.

In Warren's case, maybe. The majority of the people who see a Buffett interview want to hear what he has to say on the economy, or the stock market.

I think in Munger's case, the people who are particularly interested in hearing his thoughts don't care to hear about the economy, and the people who care to hear about the economy aren't particularly interested in his thoughts.

Sadly, I think these mainstream media outlets probably do all interviews for the lowest common denominator, regardless of whether they are interviewing someone that everybody knows or a cult figure. Did you ever see Bloomberg or CNBC interview someone and get into really in depth stuff that would be over the head of the average viewer? Or not even complex stuff, but go in depth into philosophical and process stuff?

I can't really say that I have (except maybe once in a while in a special feature program or the uncut version of an interview online, but rarely). It's always "how about what the market has been doing lately? What about this political bit of news? What about this stock you just bought? What do you think about precious metals? Your thoughts on how much regulation in needed in sector XYZ? What would you recommend that our viewers do in this situation? Last year you said this, have you changed your mind since then? This other famous guy said that, do you agree or disagree? Tell us about your recent philanthropic projects and/or plug your latest project."