Milken Institute 2013 Videos

txlaw

Txlaw,

Thank you for posting these.  I have enjoyed them so far and now know what I will be doing for the next few days. :)

Any chance their is a transcript so I can read them and get toward my 500-1000 pages per day. ;)  Just kidding (from this discussion if you don't get the joke http://www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca/forum/berkshire-hathaway/interviews-with-combs-and-weschler-in-omaha-world-herald-published-book/)

Txlaw,

Thank you for posting these.  I have enjoyed them so far and now know what I will be doing for the next few days. :)

Any chance their is a transcript so I can read them and get toward my 500-1000 pages per day. ;)  Just kidding (from this discussion if you don't get the joke http://www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca/forum/berkshire-hathaway/interviews-with-combs-and-weschler-in-omaha-world-herald-published-book/)

Haha, nice. :) 

I count YouTube videos towards my reading quota!

I really like that discussion on Credit Markets. With Milken holding court. It is top notch and these guys are very much Value Investors.

Last 2yrs, the theme was to go long Structured Products debt. Now they are going into Cash. Since, it is all structured products, you get cash in drips and dont have to sell/look for bids. I am sure, if the bid went high they might sell.

Key take away this year seems to be in Cash and less equities.

But the whole thing is also little shady.  Milken is a genius with ethics problem. Most of the guys in the discussion group owe him something. mostly Ex-Drexel guys but they are good.

Milken seems to have run into hotwater this year with SEC for dealing with Guggenheim partners.

I still can't digest the fact that this guys built the High-yield market and ruled it and gave it all away for a few extra dollars. I mean he paid something like $1.1billion in fines and restitution and still left with couple of billion.

Even in such damaged situation, i am sure he can raise few billion dollars for a fund if SEC allowed him.