Congratulations RUSH inducted to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Deserving of the Hall and my favorite line by Neil Peart is in Tom Sawyer's  “mind is not for rent/to any God or government.”  Great song, great lyrics.

He has since grown out of his Ayn Rand stage as a more mature man and as Munger advises -- you can overdose on Ayn Rand as some do.

Cheers

JEast

What a great band.  Favorite line is from Limelight - "I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend."  Used to always write their logo (the boxes with little lines to say "RUSH") on those old yellow Pee Chee folders, the ones with the different sports on them.

...old yellow Pee Chee folders, the ones with the different sports on them.

Haha what an age giveaway!  I'd be shocked if more than a handful of people on this board have ever seen a Pee Chee folder!

Kraven...is this yours?  http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pee+chee+folder&id=D94FEC4DF7CBDE19061D8C8823047FF864EF6F45&FORM=IQFRBA#view=detail&id=6A4E1CC2686B9A594B4DB913F2FE4DD3DB24DD86&selectedIndex=107

...old yellow Pee Chee folders, the ones with the different sports on them.

Haha what an age giveaway!  I'd be shocked if more than a handful of people on this board have ever seen a Pee Chee folder!

Kraven...is this yours?  http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pee+chee+folder&id=D94FEC4DF7CBDE19061D8C8823047FF864EF6F45&FORM=IQFRBA#view=detail&id=6A4E1CC2686B9A594B4DB913F2FE4DD3DB24DD86&selectedIndex=107

Ha ha. I know. A very dated reference.

That's great!  I wish some of those were mine. I used to be very envious of those more artistic than me. The one where it shows one basketball player with a hammer and nailing into the other guy was very commonplace. Half the guys in school had that in their folder. AC/DC, Rush, etc. Standard stuff.

This is bad, I didn't have to google this:

Big fan - especially, the pre synth stuff. 

Had a chance to see them at their peak in Hamilton when I was 15 and passed it up.  Finally saw them for my 40th birthday, here in TO - awesome live show. 

Wow:

I am surprised RUSH was not the hall of fame sooner.  One of the most accomplished rock bands there is.

Neil Pert is one of the best drummers that ever was.

Example?  Rush in Rio, the crowd starts singing to YYZ, an instrumental song!  This is one of the best live concerts ever, and one of the best songs in that concert.

Congratulations to them!  May they continue to play for many years to come.