What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

44 minutes ago, ValueMaven said:

Also bought MSCI today ... was down -15% at one point.  Huge switching costs and I like their approach to capital allocation.  Rare to get a quality compounder like this on sale.

I disagree with you.  There are no switching costs, and tremendous customer concentration with customers incentivized to switch.  

MSCI charges a fortune on their Barra data - the bank I used to work for pay a couple millions for it. Nowadays there’s Axiomas which is a competitor and much cheaper. Still, the large places will keep using it but less so. Another revenue source is MSCI index. The only people who pays for their index data are those who prop trade around index rebalancing but they are all losing money. I would rather buy SP Global if paying such a high premium 

5 hours ago, sleepydragon said:

MSCI charges a fortune on their Barra data - the bank I used to work for pay a couple millions for it. Nowadays there’s Axiomas which is a competitor and much cheaper. Still, the large places will keep using it but less so. Another revenue source is MSCI index. The only people who pays for their index data are those who prop trade around index rebalancing but they are all losing money. I would rather buy SP Global if paying such a high premium 

But what do I know.. I knew about this company for the past 20 years but didn’t buy any:(

6 hours ago, sleepydragon said:

Another revenue source is MSCI index. The only people who pays for their index data are those who prop trade around index rebalancing but they are all losing money. 

All the passive indexers pay for index data . That’s why vanguard switched to ftse 10 years ago, to save on the fees. MSCI crashed then and I should have bought, but didn’t because I thought others might follow.

10 hours ago, dpetrescu said:

Bough a bunch more Simpson Strongtie. This is my forever 80% of portfolio position. Below expectations earnings - down almost 12% at the bottom today. They definitely are tied to housing starts. Love to see the PE under 20 on this

It’s 80% of your portfolio? 

EDIT: Already found my answer in your other posts - thanks

Edited by Kizion

Bought in past days some HHH (and sold covered calls @70), SOLB, MSCI & META (waiting for first bump before also writing some covered calls). 

Added some additional margin. All positions are for short to midterm with exit price in mind. 

Edited by Kizion