What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

A tiny bit more Autodesk and Simpson. Hoping to get some dels in these over the next year

PS….if I ever buy anything other than these companies in the next 5 years  (including also Tyler and maybe DJC) please hold an intervention ASAP

Edited by dpetrescu

Sold the last of my ATCO shares (got the dividend, and less than 1 percent difference between todays price and the buyout price) and sprinkled it around to some of my favorites:  TV, VTS, OXY, BRK, FFH, and FF India.

(I also added some BABA, but plan on selling the same amount of much higher cost basis shares in 30 days to try to offset some capital gains). 

How large are you making Nintendo? What factors are informing your timing?

We have it at 10% now thinking the transition to higher margin subscription/app business, monetization of IP in parks and movies and near term console upgrade will all play out in the next 12 months. The fan base shows all the signs of healthy addiction.

Edited by Cod Liver Oil

I'm about 15% Nintendo.

Rock solid IP and I'm a believer in the higher margin digital/sub business. I think the parks and movies will be a slower burn but there's definitely value there over time. May has Zelda coming which will be big but there's pretty much nothing slated after Pikmin 4 in July so I'm looking for a Switch 2 announcement some time in the second half of this year.

More BAC options as we got near the 52-week lows last night with special thanks to Yellen. Tonight nicely followed up by Ackman who again seems to think he is actually helping. What absolute buffoons. Are there any adults left?

Taking the volatility here for what it is: nothing relevant.

Edited by Valuebo

On 3/22/2023 at 3:48 PM, Cod Liver Oil said:

How large are you making Nintendo? What factors are informing your timing?

We have it at 10% now thinking the transition to higher margin subscription/app business, monetization of IP in parks and movies and near term console upgrade will all play out in the next 12 months. The fan base shows all the signs of healthy addiction.

i dont have positions bigger than 20% and only with very high conviction, Nintendo i want to make 5-10%

My Fairfax India limit order was filled 🙂   I have almost a full position now but no more cash without selling something else, but if it comes down more or I sell something, I may add more. 

Air India last month announced that it is buying 470 new aircraft from Airbus and Boeing and wants to be a global aviation leader. One of the airports that they fly out of is Bangalore, which was recently enlarged and may be publicly traded soon. And FF India is still selling below the self-tender price.