What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

22 minutes ago, sleepydragon said:

There’s a research from JPM analyst Alex Yao (same analyst who called baba uninvestable) about Chinese cloud, saying SOEs will take more shares away from baba and Tencent.

Interesting - we heard that story before.  I get MS "research" via my retail E*trade account and the analyst is Gary Yu and has an OW on $BABA with a $140 target. I guess I get what I am paying for.

Edited by Spekulatius

8 minutes ago, Spekulatius said:

Interesting - we heard that story before.  I get MS "research" via my retail E*trade account and the analyst is Gary Yu and has an OW on $BABA with a $140 target. I guess I get what I am paying for.

Yeah, I know. And SOEs move like 3x slower than private companies.

i also suspected Goldman is selling their SoftBank “put baba” shares. They had a bullish research a couple days ago. Imo, they are going to want to get the share all sold  before the audit results come out. 

11 hours ago, Spekulatius said:

@ACooke re TPB I agree with your assessment. It’s one of my biggest losers (in terms of % loss). I have been adding just a little recently, but my concerns with the CEO (no consumer goods experience) prevent me from getting in bigger.

I think they should sell or close down the NewGen (vape) business

I agree - they may do so. They've scaled back capex within the seg as far as I'm aware - I guess whether they make a further push or continue winding it down somewhat will depend on the PMTA outcome. Even if they're successful there, I'm not certain a whole lot comes of their in-house brands.

I wonder what they could part the seg out for - surely the E-commerce side of it is worth *something*.

As for the CEO - there's not many positives I could find spoken about him from his last role although that was mainly from forums and blogs. I can't recall the magazine exactly but it was a motorsport magazine which in his defence - i think any time you move in to a niche, cultish (too strong of a word here but meh) type hobby and start making business-savvy changes - you're asking for push back from fans. Bobby Kotick is probably a good example on a much grander scale.

He's certainly an unknown quantity at the very least.

4 minutes ago, Cod Liver Oil said:

A massive brown bear stood outside my window yesterday displaying his furry junk. Then he climbed a 50 foot oak and ate the acorns at the top. I may be confusing the message but I took that as a sign to buy more hard assets:  PCYO and Itafos today.

LMFAO 😝

Edited by longlake95

11 minutes ago, Cod Liver Oil said:

A massive brown bear stood outside my window yesterday displaying his furry junk. Then he climbed a 50 foot oak and ate the acorns at the top. I may be confusing the message but I took that as a sign to buy more hard assets:  PCYO and Itafos today.

Excellent! Was it Schiff or Grantham?