What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

18 hours ago, DooDiligence said:

We'll see if that inventory build is a new Fall console or just locking in materials.

Best thing they can do is continue to delay the new console. Recent PS/XBOX console releases were a bit of a gongshow with shortages. With the Switch performing as well as it is, seems to make sense to delay the new console until you are reasonably confident you can produce enough of them, and pair it with a blockbuster game release. Possibly a 2023 Holiday release alongside the new Zelda game.

On another note NTDOY just previewed the new Pokemon game, which appears to be a shift towards the open-world format (which for that franchise appears to be a major change). Relatively positive reaction around it, with a Switch install base of 100mm and a Nov18 release date, could be 'the' holiday game.

CVE, MEG, TVE

Most energy stocks are getting crushed again the past 2 days. Free cash flow is still massive at $88 oil and will be directed increasingly to stock buybacks (at low prices). Great set up.

Edited by Viking

JBGS.  Even though cap rates are likely headed to 12%, I really get a lot of psychic income when people drop a planned move to Crystal City as a flex in casual conversations.  [But for real the fact that people do that might reveal a lot about the true value and viability of office...signaling and status and MAYBE the localized network/filtering heuristics.]

Edited by CorpRaider

Added to GOOGL. This is a new position, and still very small for me. I just averaged down into a nice sized position in META starting around 250 down to $164 (avg. cost basis is $182.22), and would like to bring GOOGL up to the same size if the markets cooperate over the next few months. 

Having missed almost all of the tech gains since 08/09, I'm looking to buy into market leaders that earn good ROIC and can be valued on multiples of FCF rather than revenues. Right now this list just includes META/GOOGL, but I would definitely want to look at adding MSFT/AAPL/ORCL/ADBE if I can get a fair price. ORCL might be next, but we will have to see what the market does as I'm trying to add in a measured pace. 

On 7/31/2020 at 11:52 AM, Gregmal said:

Bought some GLDD. May write it up later. Very interesting company. Turn around story, high barriers to entry, lots of free call options on various businesses/developments, including global warming.

Bumping this from long ago. @Gregmal What was your opinion on GLDD? I am looking at this after the big hit they took this month. I like the big barriers to entry and the mentioned issues in the conference call seem temporary to me. Curious what you uncovered when you looked back in 2020. 

2 hours ago, Longnose said:

Bumping this from long ago. @Gregmal What was your opinion on GLDD? I am looking at this after the big hit they took this month. I like the big barriers to entry and the mentioned issues in the conference call seem temporary to me. Curious what you uncovered when you looked back in 2020. 

Got a nice rip out of it and moved on. Always been a good trading stock but a very moaty business. Management has always been the question mark. But these guys get constant biz and its next to impossible to compete in the space. I'd have to refresh as its been over a year since I owned it. Would be a solid infrastructure play though.