What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

More Berkshire 

hard to believe it’s off almost $100 a share in a couple months on little but pants pissing about the general “market”. Love it. 

just took some Disney too on hole 16. Tough to tell from the golf course but seems like there’s a strong bid in the market lately around 93/94. 

Edited by Gregmal

3 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

More Berkshire 

hard to believe it’s off almost $100 a share in a couple months on little but pants pissing about the general “market”. Love it. 

And I hope Buf. is feeling the same

2 minutes ago, Ulti said:

And I hope Buf. is feeling the same

Big daddy knows what to do here. Unlike all the talking heads he’s seen and invested through whatever it is folks are currently terrified of. Probably a minor recession and good government created/government solved “inflation” crisis. It’s a Kobe to Shaq against Portland alley oop 

Just now, Gregmal said:

Big daddy knows what to do here. Unlike all the talking heads he’s seen and invested through whatever it is folks are currently terrified of. Probably a minor recession and good government created/government solved “inflation” crisis. It’s a Kobe to Shaq against Portland alley oop 

Ha I thought is was more like tipping your favorite girl at the strip club

14 hours ago, Mephistopheles said:

Loaded up on Tenneco over the last few days (merger arb with a huge spread)

Wrote a whole bunch of BRK puts which are underwater. Will buy them back and write more aggressively to be cash flow positive

How confident do you feel about the deal going through?? 

JBHT - Trucking company with an edge.  Their main business is intermodal, which means they shuttle containers to rail yards and move them by rail most of the way.  Given rail is much cheaper energy wise they are in a strong position right now.  Also have logistics business which is low capital.  Excellent long term track record.  There is a lot to like here.  I may start a post on them later. 

Currently trading for around 18x PE so not crazy cheap but it has often traded 25-30x (just approximating it).  It has historically grown mid double digits so your are getting close to the elusive 1 PEG.

If anyone hates them speak up.

Edited by no_free_lunch

40 minutes ago, modiva said:

Added to EPSN. Unheard of balance sheet. No debt. 30mil cash at 20% of market cap. Generating about 30mil cash (based on annualizing recent quarter cash generated). 

So it trades at 4x EV/ Cash flow. That's actually not that cheap for an E&P producer. What's their value add ? They are not doing any exploration and the production itself is apparently outsourced, if I understand this correctly.

There is not much execution risk, they have Oklahoma space thats starting to produce well above expectation, and on top of this their core is Marcellus acreage operated by CHK. Its one of the lowest risk ways Ive found to play nat gas. You dont need a whole lot to go right here. You've currently got a couple clown funds competing to exit which is presenting a good opportunity while the company repurchases stock and sandbags guidance. 

5 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

There is not much execution risk, they have Oklahoma space thats starting to produce well above expectation, and on top of this their core is Marcellus acreage operated by CHK. Its one of the lowest risk ways Ive found to play nat gas. You dont need a whole lot to go right here. You've currently got a couple clown funds competing to exit which is presenting a good opportunity while the company repurchases stock and sandbags guidance. 

Along with their promising assets, they have a good track record. Thanks to Greg for finding and sharing. 

On 6/17/2022 at 9:16 AM, Longnose said:

How confident do you feel about the deal going through?? 

They’ve got a group of committed lenders so minimal financing risk.

I don’t see anything on the regulatory side.

There’s  a risk of Apollo pulling out. 

I’ve owned the company for a few years I think it’s a good business to own even if it doesn’t work out.

and the upside is like 30% in 6 months