What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Temporarily closed out swing trades in ESI, PD, OBE, and WCP. 25% of gains to a crypto ETF at ridiculous prices.

We're doing very well on what is supposed to be cash accumulation ahead of a RE purchase! and are pretty sure that we will be able to resell these shares at another gain in a few weeks. 

Got to love the Fed 😁...

SD

20 minutes ago, Spekulatius said:

Margin call time for the clowns:

b52e514061d5801b9d682bf08f5299d2

He is a clown, but I shorted some MSTR Oct $10 puts today anyway. The margin call risk is overstated as they can just pledge additional bitcoin at the first trigger. They are well underwater with an average cost over 30k, but they issued enough stock in the runups that they don't have negative equity until the 18k range. And then the margin call death spiral is more like at 3k level, which is likely a very low probability in the next 4 months, but in any case it's a tiny cash secured position.

Also shorted some CLF puts, and added more to BRK and PSH.AS

19 minutes ago, Williams406 said:

BRK, JOE, and Pantheon Resources

Doubled BRK today and added 25% to JOE now double digit position. 

How easy is the JOE story to understand here? A 5 year old could do it. Go to page 29 of the recent presentation. Press print. Take a black magic marker. Color in all “Joe land”. Then with the same marker color in “public land”….now look at what’s left? Looks like all that coloring spells “Irvine” too….

On 6/2/2022 at 10:17 AM, Gregmal said:

Underfollowed OTC stock that uplisted to Nasdaq few years ago. Super conservatively managed. No debt. Pretty much, but not quite a royalty company...they dont drill. Assets predominantly in Marcellus and operated by CHK. Latest update showed encouraging results in OK which should materially ramp the earnings. Selling from large shareholders putting a lid on stock. Company using this to repurchase shares. Large existing insider ownership. Current dividend yield is 3.5% which should only go higher. Check their May 31 release for latest updates but seems super low risk given the macro backdrop. 

@Gregmal Thanks. EPSN looks like a good business in these times with a great balance sheet.  Started a small position.  

1 hour ago, modiva said:

@Gregmal Thanks. EPSN looks like a good business in these times with a great balance sheet.  Started a small position.  

No problem. These Solas folks seem intent on selling so its providing a good entry point. Imagine having that size position and decided open market sales into a bad market are the way to go? Idiots.

Anyway, just sold some more APTS which I was gonna wait to next Monday on, but CLPR and VRE just said hello so I couldn't resist picking up some more. 

On 6/10/2022 at 11:33 PM, Gregmal said:

See you guys and raise you topping off my home heating oil tank. 550 gallons filled 200 at 5.40 up from 2.68 in Q4…fun fun. Thank god for oil calls.

I'll call that 

Sold my remaining heating oil I had in left in the tank (120 gallons) to some guy on craigslist for $4.75/gal. Paid about half that for it last winter. :classic_cool:

Going to be a good market for wood stoves this coming winter. 

Twilio bonds @ 6.9% yield. $5B of cash, $1.3B of debt, market cap ~15x the debt value. Had previously bought at $86 and sold at $92 over 8 days. then < month later at $82. nice volatility in the bond market. there's tail risk with anything, but i think the company would be hard pressed to be worth <$1.3B. 

Last 2 days: BAC, GIL, RECP, DIS, AMZN, META

Down to 60% cash. Will continue to sell down some positions on strength to keep bringing down my average cost as i do expect big volatility (with lower lows) until the Fed flips to dovish again.