What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

10 hours ago, benchmark said:

Did the same, but was a bit more aggressive -- May 20th $65 for $1.85. 

The CoBF theta gang has discovered MSGE I see. It really has been the gift that keeps on giving for option premium. Bought back my May $85s yesterday that I sold for a little over $3 each.

11 minutes ago, Spekulatius said:

Man up. This isn't a limit down day like March 2020 and you don't own $CVNA either.

I think before we do anything we need a “this is what happens when…” explanation for these events. 

Added a hair to eBay 

On 4/29/2022 at 6:11 AM, aws said:

I was involved with the stock and its bonds before the bankruptcy and have followed the process. The shares were listed last January but the warrants kept getting delayed. The warrants would have been nearly worthless if they came public at the same time as the shares because the strike price so high. The shares traded around $7 when they went public, about 90% haircut for the bondholders, and the warrants were structured that they wouldn't be in the money until the bondholders were made whole.

But a lot has changed for energy stocks in the past 15 months, and now the stock was trading at nearly the same strike price as the warrants. I was quite interested to see what the warrants would trade at under the circumstances, thinking they might trade a few dollars under fair value. And to my surprise they came public at 1 penny per warrant. So it didn't matter what fair value was, I just stuck bids out there and some people sold to me at pennies on the dollar. It took a couple of days before price discovery took place, and I was able to vacuum up a big chunk of the warrants.

Amazing!! congrats aws

added to Disney and Paypal, both relatively small holdings for now. Also opened a started position in Sony. 

I have been thinking about Japan equities where most of the revenue comes from US (due to low Yen) currently in Nintendo and Sony, anyone else looking into this?

I have been adding to Nintendo also. Pretty diverse currency stream. Bullet proof balance sheet. Things in Japan move slowly but in general are becoming more shareholder friendly. Its a bank with a good business attached to it with some options on world class IP. Maybe only Disney has better IP. Would love to hear people's thoughts on top five global IP companies. Sony is cheap too.

Bought back into ATCO today. I sold my entire position in three accounts of March 31st (one taxable). It's been on my watchlist waiting for the wash period to be over. Added to google and traded some gold for QLD (ultra QQQ).

AMZN is a steal! 

They obviously have a variety of different businesses. And as they are still investing heavily in growth you are not seeing the results on the bottomline. 

You'd need to value each component to get to a valuation. 

As a shortcut I've always thought it made sense to look at EV/gross profit as they do a lot of their investing through their PNL below the gross profit line. 

I believe Bill Miller has mentioned this as well. 

AMZN hasn't been this cheap (on EV/gross profit) since early 2015 before they broke out AWS in their financials. They are a powerhouse today compared to 2015. And do a lot more high margin business (AWS, Ads, 3rd party, subscription) today. 

There was a period in 2014-2015 when it traded at these levels we are seeing now. Then you have to get all the way back to 2009. 

Edited by Aurelius