What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

11 minutes ago, lnofeisone said:

Fascinating rotation. PYPL, FB, and growth in general, is getting destroyed but market is up. 

GOOG and MSFT are diversified behemoths. Basically high quality tech ETF. The one dimensional one trick ponies are getting walloped. 

9 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

GOOG and MSFT are diversified behemoths. Basically high quality tech ETF. The one dimensional one trick ponies are getting walloped. 

isnt GOOG the same ? most of their earnings are from search. youtube is there too but unlike MSFT not as diversified ?

All I know is that if things keep playing out that way they are, theres gonna be an ugly divorce. The romance that basically the entire market has with the FANGs won't last forever. Its perfectly normal in the course of history for good companies to trade at 15x if theres question marks or headwinds. We're still seemingly at the "every dip is buyable because theyre beautiful" phase. 

7 minutes ago, rohitc99 said:

isnt GOOG the same ? most of their earnings are from search. youtube is there too but unlike MSFT not as diversified ?

Search, Android, Youtube, self driving and AI units, cash. Google is a total monster. Apple is probably overvalued but its excellent as well. MSFT I dont see a weakness to not even regulatory. The rest, rightfully having issues. 

14 hours ago, Gregmal said:

Even the ones that just posted awesome earnings are for some reason trading lower after these couple duds. Too many retards in the market and too many know nothing participants and index/etf products. It’s gonna drag down everything. 

FB going back to prices last seen in march 2021. If you read Fintwit you would think that an asteroid hit earth and destroyed half the hedge fund managers and finance professionals in NYC.

Even crude oil prices are falling. LOL.

Edited by Spekulatius

1 hour ago, boilermaker75 said:

Wrote 230-strike, Feb 4 expiration FB puts.

Same although I closed out the position 30 min later for a 50% gain. Bored trading I guess.

Also bought FB stock though, I plan to hold that.