What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

54 minutes ago, Spekulatius said:

HENKY

Hadn't looked at Henkel for a couple of years, when I made the mistake of selling HB Fuller. Thanks for the heads-up. There seem to be some real gems in chemicals for DIY like Henkel's Loctite and RPM's Rust-Oleum.

15 minutes ago, CafeB said:

Hadn't looked at Henkel for a couple of years, when I made the mistake of selling HB Fuller. Thanks for the heads-up. There seem to be some real gems in chemicals for DIY like Henkel's Loctite and RPM's Rust-Oleum.

I like Henkel and owned it in the past. That said, results have stagnated (due to decreasing margins)  since about 2017 and it seems correlated with management change.

I believe assets are good (they are basically market leaders in adhesives) but they seem to struggle with execution. I believe the issues are fixable, the LT track record of Henkel is pretty good.

4 horseman with a weight toward the ones in locations that value freedom + JOE, ALCO, DIS. We already have the playbook here, and if the covid nonsense doesnt repeat, the dip is just a blip on the radar. If lockdowns happen again, something like JOE benefits, no reason for -8% today. Bring it covid queens. 

On 11/24/2021 at 5:12 PM, Spekulatius said:

Bought at bit more SWMAY, HENKY, MXCT and a starter in ADSK.

My wife and I also put 10k each into isavings bonds.

My man!

I added to ADSK on the dip.

Not egregiously cheap but I think the market is overreacting to the new cash flow model. The business is here to stay with a ton of pirate copy users who will slowly become subscribers if they want to continue working big jobs. Hell, any jobs.

Huge switching costs.

Edited by DooDiligence

3 hours ago, CafeB said:

"initial lot" of FMX. I don't understand why they have been buying U.S. distributors and what that might say about re-investment opportunities in Mexico and Latin America.

MSM

FIS, FISV

I also bought FMX several times in March of 2020 and still hold it. I’d be interested in your thesis if you don’t mind sharing. 

26 minutes ago, gfp said:

Wow I haven't followed this one since selling out.  Was once a big position for me.  Is today's move because of a seeking alpha article?  

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4472692-knot-offshore-partners-stock-distribution-cut-might-happen

That's the only thing I found. Though looking at their schedules, 2022 is going to be bumpy. The management is conservative and has been shareholder friendly in the past so it's worth to me buying some here. I should note that this has been one of those trades I've been doing over the years. Buy sub-15, sell at 20.