What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

1 hour ago, irnovo said:

Added to GRFS. Overlevered due to acquisitions, but the business is here to stay and will grow. 

I would appreciate any additional thoughts on Grifols, irnovo. For several weeks I have been waiting to start a position--and on many of those days the stock has made a new low. The Biotest acquisition certainly seems attractive.

On 11/13/2021 at 10:46 AM, CafeB said:

I would appreciate any additional thoughts on Grifols, irnovo. For several weeks I have been waiting to start a position--and on many of those days the stock has made a new low. The Biotest acquisition certainly seems attractive.

I'll suggest reading two writeups on VIC, https://www.valueinvestorsclub.com/

For me, I am mostly looking at bigger picture and downside protection. Plasma protein market will continue to grow for the foreseeable future. GRFS is in plasma protein oligopoly. Debt is being used to acquire smaller players in the market. The cost of debt is low, indicating no worries that company will not be able to debt/interest. I don't see a scenario where rev does not grow or margins suppress. The risk is that gene editing tech (CRISPR etc) makes plasma protein therapies obsolete, but that is really far in my opinion. Recent weakness in share price is due to debt and dividend cut. My time horizon and expectation is a double in 5 years.

SWCH.

Amazing how under the radar this co is.  Just had analyst day yesterday.

Guides double digit revenue growth for next 10 years.

Guides best in class EBITDA margin 55% for mature properties

In the catbird seat for migration of workloads off enterprise into cloud / tier 4 colocation.

REIT conversion on track for January 2023.

Just a solid solid co that noone talks about.

1 hour ago, kh812000 said:

SWCH.

In the catbird seat for migration of workloads off enterprise into cloud / tier 4 colocation.

What is your opinion on valuation? Looks like it's trading ~16x AFFO

Edited by LC

4 hours ago, RedLion said:

Added to MO, initiated a position in BRK.B (I know, sacrilegious that I didn't own this until now), short 11/19 63.50 ATVI PUT (to experiment with picking up pennies in front of steam rollers). 

I like the ATVI.  I saw a blurb summary of a sell side report today that was like, "it could be long term horrible to loose an ace capital allocator at the helm of the company, but anyways it won't impact the next two years so let's roll."  haha. 

On 11/16/2021 at 11:15 AM, kh812000 said:

SWCH.

A timely recommendation:

Per Reuters 11/15 Deals of the day:

** KKR & Co Inc and Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP) will take U.S. data center operator CyrusOne Inc private for $11.49 billion in cash, the latest deal in a sector that has boomed during the COVID-19 pandemic.

** American Tower Corp agreed to buy U.S. data center operator CoreSite Realty Corp for $7.51 billion in cash to tap into a sector that has seen a boom in demand during the COVID-19 pandemic.