What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

starter position in CLI. Rumored 400K lease w/ $AMZN at previously out of service office building is the kick in the pants to get me involved. along w/ some other developments/lease ups AND most importantly the fact that it's clearly up for sale / restructuring.

small position. I'd be bigger if

a) the gap b/w price and NAV was larger

b) the multifamily was not encumbered/levered w/ the preferred JV structure 

c) i had a more precise view of office NAV 

BTIG fluff piece says $25-$30, that's kind of where I think things shake out, so only really interesting if corporate event w/i say a year or so. 

Edited by thepupil

21 hours ago, Dinar said:

Growth on the top-line is accelerating, as the transition from print to digital is basically over, the hit to exhibitions business from Covid-19 is in the rear view mirror, and the main division - risk is growing.  So from 4% on the top line, to 5-6% on the top line, 6-7% on operating income and low double digit EPS growth between leverage and buy-backs.   Why did you sell?

I sold around COVID to buy what I thought were more volatile companies that would bounce back harder.

I never rebought for a few reasons - concerns over the exhibitions biz (my question was, 'would it return post-COVID, and if so how much?') and I felt the publications biz is ripe for disruption given how much they were/are charging. 

On 11/2/2021 at 1:58 PM, thepupil said:

starter position in CLI. Rumored 400K lease w/ $AMZN at previously out of service office building is the kick in the pants to get me involved. along w/ some other developments/lease ups AND most importantly the fact that it's clearly up for sale / restructuring.

small position. I'd be bigger if

a) the gap b/w price and NAV was larger

b) the multifamily was not encumbered/levered w/ the preferred JV structure 

c) i had a more precise view of office NAV 

BTIG fluff piece says $25-$30, that's kind of where I think things shake out, so only really interesting if corporate event w/i say a year or so. 

NYC is back and so is New Jersey! 

https://twitter.com/thepupil11/status/1456013721067786240?s=20

shorted some PTON immediately AH at 81 and 74. Having just had a front row seat with Z, I think I can guess what the news digestion is going to look like LOL.

EDIT: grabbed a bit of ATUS AH at 18 as well. Both trades looking for the momo to continue for a good bit. Probably into next week. 

Edited by Gregmal

2 hours ago, Gregmal said:

shorted some PTON immediately AH at 81 and 74. Having just had a front row seat with Z, I think I can guess what the news digestion is going to look like LOL.

EDIT: grabbed a bit of ATUS AH at 18 as well. Both trades looking for the momo to continue for a good bit. Probably into next week. 

Very nice Greg! I made a little money writing calls on PTON, but I should have been buying puts. I kept thinking what do you see in garage sales? Exercise bikes. I should have gone in bigger.

3 hours ago, Gregmal said:

How did you short them after hours? what broker offers this? 

39 minutes ago, benchmark said:

How did you short them after hours? what broker offers this? 

Most should allow AH trading. Sometimes you might have to sign additional risk waivers/disclosures but for the most part I think its relatively easy to get permissions for. 

1 hour ago, boilermaker75 said:

Very nice Greg! I made a little money writing calls on PTON, but I should have been buying puts. I kept thinking what do you see in garage sales? Exercise bikes. I should have gone in bigger.

Eh it was a tricky trade though. Even the puts I would roll, they were just very expensive and unless you timed it right it was hard to really make the type of money you'd expect on the options. I still have the Jan $50 puts so we'll see where those open. Net/net outright shorting was basically a wash up until today because it whipped around every time some two bit hedge would try to pump it. But this is why you stalk stocks and just kind of wait for your setups. I thought Q2 was a mess and they were dishonest about a bunch of things but the desperate buyers of this still felt compelled to pay 105-110 the following day and even inexplicably bid this back up to near 120 on an announcement that they were making clothes LOL. The excuses for Q2 and the price cuts were so ridiculous that a Q3 miss(or worse guidance cut) would be devastating. So I felt Q3 would basically be make or break and had three browsers open all with limit orders 85, 80, 75, 72.5 all locked and loaded and at the first sign of movement hit 85/80. Didnt even read the release LOL. Didnt get filled at 85 but got 81. You had maybe 30 seconds to smash 80s. Read the release to confirm and smashed 75/70. 

This followed Z to an absolute T in term of post release trading. Constant bleed into the 8 pm close. Tomorrow should be fun as well. 

I tried scalping the PTON earnings today. I was not too hot, I was very sloppy after making money elsewhere today. 😞

I'm sitting at a loss after buying 1,000 shares at $68. I'm not in the habit of setting stops because I've regretted the times I've gotten stopped out on volatility.  

Pulled up the earnings and it does look like turd to my eyes. I'll try to get out premarket or early in tomorrows session. 

18 hours ago, Gregmal said:

Eh it was a tricky trade though. Even the puts I would roll, they were just very expensive and unless you timed it right it was hard to really make the type of money you'd expect on the options. I still have the Jan $50 puts so we'll see where those open. Net/net outright shorting was basically a wash up until today because it whipped around every time some two bit hedge would try to pump it. But this is why you stalk stocks and just kind of wait for your setups. I thought Q2 was a mess and they were dishonest about a bunch of things but the desperate buyers of this still felt compelled to pay 105-110 the following day and even inexplicably bid this back up to near 120 on an announcement that they were making clothes LOL. The excuses for Q2 and the price cuts were so ridiculous that a Q3 miss(or worse guidance cut) would be devastating. So I felt Q3 would basically be make or break and had three browsers open all with limit orders 85, 80, 75, 72.5 all locked and loaded and at the first sign of movement hit 85/80. Didnt even read the release LOL. Didnt get filled at 85 but got 81. You had maybe 30 seconds to smash 80s. Read the release to confirm and smashed 75/70. 

This followed Z to an absolute T in term of post release trading. Constant bleed into the 8 pm close. Tomorrow should be fun as well. 

Nice trade, are you going to let this one ride, or cover?