What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

On 9/2/2021 at 3:19 PM, Gregmal said:

Also shorted some BRG Jan $10 puts for 65c. Not really an endorsement of the company AT ALL, but just a logic trade backed by what seems like a fat compensation check for taking stock at a price the may warrant another activist takeout offer or two....

Looks like the turd may be in play.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-16/bluerock-residential-is-said-to-explore-strategic-options-sale

Undoubtedly several very positive read throughs for APTS as well. Folks, we've found the money trees! theres a whole forest of them. 

52 minutes ago, irnovo said:

Added to GRFS. Blood plasma collection business. Trading even lower than the March 2020 price. Oligopoly. Will continue to grow for many years to come. High barrier to entry.

@irnovo I agree GRFS looks interesting after spending about 10 min of exhaustive research on the stock. I have never heard about this one before. Thanks for posting.

Had to interrupt my golf outing to do some trades! Took about a 7% position in GLD. Looks like a good hedge position with multiple ways to win over the next 2 months between China and the US government shutdown issues. 

Added a few VWTR, FRPH, JOE, VICI. Shorted some CLF Jan $17 puts, waiting for mid week to hit up some weeklies. Closed some BRG swing position from last week. 

First timer here 🙂

Been following the forum for the last two months, am enjoying and learning much. so this is a lot of fun!!

Hopefully I could contribute as well to this great community .

Added some BABA yesterday, making it a 5% position.

Edited by etai

Welcome to the CoBF, @etai.

I took delivery of some BRK.B that was put to me after the close on Friday. I'm expecting more this Friday unless it closes over $280 - the strike price of the puts I wrote. I estimate about $272.05 effective price with all the puts I've written in the last 2 months (ignoring capital gains tax on the puts that expired worthless where I kept the premium).

^ Ha - yeah, so far so good.  I do like these guys. It is thinly traded, so the Barons bump was timely.

And being an early stage growth company, it's a little tough to value. But they do have some nice

initiatives with DFH IPO, perhaps Skyharbor, and the fiber biz.   

I'm in DFH too - and it's a little painful. They dumped a good % of holdings - but hey, they're smarter

than me!

I hope I get another shot at BOMN! Will let you know.