What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

14 hours ago, lnofeisone said:

The general answer to your question is no. The average unemployed person gets nowhere near that. $4-$5k represents the top amount someone can receive in State + Federal support. Keep in mind, the range is from $0 to $5k and to get to $5k, you have to lose a job that would be paying more than that. Most unemployment insurance (UI) programs also have a limit on number of weeks you will be supported. 

To more nuanced answer to your question is - it will depend on the state/commonwealth where you are. Massachusetts has the highest rate for UI - up to $800/week or so but you have to lose a 85k/year job to get it. If you lose 50k/year job, you'll get about $500 or so. With CARES act Federal "bonus" was $600 but is now down to $300  so if you lose a $100k job, you will get about $1.1k/week or about $60k in unemployment. Arizona is bottom of the barrel when it comes to UI. I think they pay something like $250/week. With CARES act addition, you get to $550/week or about $26k/year, if you lose a $100k/year job.

Don't forget the free rent with the eviction moratorium. If you're a middle class person working hard, it may be better to get fired and live rent free with supplemental income from the government.

Edit: just make sure to sign a very expensive lease before doing that

Edited by Mephistopheles

6 hours ago, Mephistopheles said:

Don't forget the free rent with the eviction moratorium. If you're a middle class person working hard, it may be better to get fired and live rent free with supplemental income from the government.

Edit: just make sure to sign a very expensive lease before doing that

The original question was how much $ was someone getting. Rent is an expense so not paying rent it would need to be recast as "money not spent." 😂

1 hour ago, lnofeisone said:

The original question was how much $ was someone getting. Rent is an expense so not paying rent it would need to be recast as "money not spent." 😂

thanks, was just trying to gauge if the whole stock market is basically gambling with free money from government.   

hard to figure out when the music chair will stop.

13 hours ago, lnofeisone said:

Those are the puts I hold 🙂

Oh yea..the read has been spot on and the short term puts have worked, but part of me wishes we'd have one or two bad trading days so this can fully puke. Nasdaqs been up solidly this week and PTONs still down $7 a share. Would probably be down double if the market wasn't so strong. As such I think its also currently a suitable short term market hedge. 

1 hour ago, ERICOPOLY said:

I bought 200 contracts of $5 strike March this morning.  New position.

What strike/duration do you hold?

Haha we meet again. I had some Dec but just started the March 5s as well. Got 80 last week. 100 yesterday. 100 more today. 

Tangentially, the AIV spinoff was now 3 Qs ago. They still dont even have their website fully updated, no IR efforts, and not even a simple investor deck.....why would that be? The evidence continues to point to this being a deliberate act...ask oneself, if I had to make a spin off as ugly and unattractive as possible, what would I do? Answer? Pretty much everything they did and are continuing to do. Would be something if they even duped loud mouth Litt and his attention seeking antics into sticking with plain vanilla AIRC at the expense of where all the value was hidden....

Forgot to mention as well...best part of the calls here? No dividend on this one, and a good possibility of buybacks. 

Edited by Gregmal

3 hours ago, Gregmal said:

They still dont even have their website fully updated, no IR efforts, and not even a simple investor deck.....why would that be? The evidence continues to point to this being a deliberate act...ask oneself, if I had to make a spin off as ugly and unattractive as possible, what would I do? Answer? Pretty much everything they did and are continuing to do. Would be something if they even duped loud mouth Litt and his attention seeking antics into sticking with plain vanilla AIRC at the expense of where all the value was hidden....

Hmm, I think this violates Hanlon's razor (never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity).

🙂

WISH. Everyone seems to dislike this company except for some of the WSB herd. I still can’t understand why Jackie Reses, who was brilliant at Square, would join full time. She could have had any job she wanted. Any job. And she took a comp package that has $20-$30+ on the shares for payout. Is the goal to shape up the business and sell? Revamp strategy? You know she has a plan.