What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

On 7/16/2021 at 1:15 PM, Gregmal said:

image.png.376bb858f5a8d37f46459163998c3238.png

Anyhow, added a good bit to MSGE. Not sure what kind of retard is selling at this valuation...from those I've talked with mainly its folks who dont like that its not a "pureplay" or have concerns about Dolan....ironically enough, basically the type of people who make those claims but then own crap like Viacom or the Malone entities....(hint, Dolan has destroyed Malone in terms of capital allocation over the past decade, but let the narrative persist). Anyhow, at $75 you can basically write down the entire Sphere to land plus scrap and still get upside. And who knows, maybe Boyar is right about MSGN and its worth 50% more than they paid(I dont see that, but who knows?)

MSGE dip today couldn’t resist YOLO’ing into some $110 Dec 16 2022 call options..….got filled at $4.80

Thing with Delta is that it’s rapidly driving the US towards herd immunity such that Dec/Jan/Feb period prior to Delta I was concerned would be the the last COVID scare period that could reduce attendance at MSGE assets….the fall COVID spike has IMO been brought way forward I think….put it this way…..if you haven’t had a vaccine yet…..don’t worry Delta will hook you up with some antibodies in the next 6-8 weeks I think just given it’s infectiousness…..

MSGE Q4 2021 & the Rockettes will be selling to packed houses

Edited by changegonnacome

15 minutes ago, changegonnacome said:

MSGE dip today couldn’t resist YOLO’ing into some $110 Dec 16 2022 call options..….got filled at $4.80

Thing with Delta is that it’s rapidly driving the US towards herd immunity such that Dec/Jan/Feb period I was concerned as COVID last scare period has IMP been brought way forward I think….put it this way…..if you haven’t had a vaccine yet…..don’t worry Delta will hook you up with some antibodies in the next 6-8 weeks I think just given it’s infectiousness.

MSGE Q4 2021 & the Rockettes will be selling to packed houses

Yea me too(not calls but more shares). Looking at more aggressively selling some puts too. Its kind of dumb whats going on right now. Are people really stupid enough to get tricked into selling their stocks again? Today the market plummeted...in the real world home prices are at records, gas is the highest its been in years, HRC is near ATHs, and folks are going out like never before. Seems bizarre for the market to be so caught off guard by a predictable July 4th surge...

6 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

Yea me too(not calls but more shares). Looking at more aggressively selling some puts too. Its kind of dumb whats going on right now. Are people really stupid enough to get tricked into selling their stocks again? Today the market plummeted...in the real world home prices are at records, gas is the highest its been in years, HRC is near ATHs, and folks are going out like never before. Seems bizarre for the market to be so caught off guard by a predictable July 4th surge...

Yep lines around the block for Tao NY Downtown last weekend…..

Read a couple of interviews with various touring groups/comedians in the last couple of months…..there are literally fights breaking out between acts looking to book venues for 2022…..I expect utilization rates for MSG/Radio City/Beacon/Chicago Theatre to be sky high with the roster packed with established high attendance/margin performers. 

8 hours ago, n.r98 said:

Consider a look at Israeli based payment co, Shva.

re SHVA - I have it on my watch list. I think it has been a Kuppy pick, or someone else from FinTwit. it seems to trade at roughly similar metrics than FISV, but with better growth.

I did not feel that the risk from the “antitrust” like lawsuit from the regulator and the fact that it operates in a not so geopolitical stable area (Israel) makes it that great of a bargain.

On 4/22/2021 at 1:19 PM, LC said:

I did the same. Prefer puts but the premium is a bit high.

NFLX has quite a bit of headwinds ahead of it. Competition is not going anywhere and will just intensify, I am not sure where they can squeeze additional growth, and with COVID winding down, my guess is more people would prefer to be outside vs. their living room.

I also rarely short so this is a smaller % of the portfolio compared to Greg's above.

Horrible numbers. Can't believe people are actually buying this here. 

17 hours ago, Gregmal said:

Got loose confirmation that there is indeed some retard with a semi sized fund liquidating MSGE, so Im buying more. Added little bit more ALCO as well. Shorted more CLF puts.

MSGE Wasn't on my radar. After having a good look, that can be added to my buy list! Thanks!

Wrote some GOTU Aug 2.50 puts. Very speculative, but it's a 15% return in just four weeks, and I have to think they'll still be at least some hope by then that shareholders won't be wiped out by the CCP. I've had good luck in the past writing OTM puts on absolute trash stocks like Luckin Coffee, or massively overvalued ones like GME and AMC, and hoping that streak continues.

Bought some food for the kids on the way to the shore this morning. When the heck did McDonalds become so expensive? Ordered 2 hash browns(used to be .99 each) and a sausage egg and cheese(IIRC always like $3...was featured in the Buffett HBO doc!) and it was $8.30! Then went across to Burger King and got a jr cheeseburger, 10 piece chicken nuggets(same 10 piece nugget at MCD are like $5), a rodeo burger, small fries, mozzarella sticks, and a chocolate milk...for $8.74. 

I dont know why anyone would ever eat at MCD...only attraction used to be how cheap the food is. Now the same dogshit, plastic play food is more expensive than Burger King or Wendys and both of the later choices are significantly better quality.