What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

19 minutes ago, Monsieur_dee said:

Any reasoning why prosus on the Amsterdam exchange was up 2% & the ADR trading otc were down almost 5%? 

Prosus traded yesterday ( and it traded significant down) in Amsterdam when the US markets were closed. So today’s move in the US followed Amsterdam’s move yesterday.

3 minutes ago, Castanza said:

$SONY and $NTDOY

thanks @maplevalue

Bro you cant to do that. The Asians are uninvestable. Them Japanese folks are terrible allocators and the Chinese are out to steal from Americans!

Jokes aside Im a big fan of SONY as well. Lot of different, interesting stuff going on there. 

5 hours ago, Gregmal said:

Bro you cant to do that. The Asians are uninvestable. Them Japanese folks are terrible allocators and the Chinese are out to steal from Americans!

Jokes aside Im a big fan of SONY as well. Lot of different, interesting stuff going on there. 

Agreed and it seems pretty damn cheap to me. 2.5x book 20x. FB is cheap and it’s trading at what 7.5x book 30x? Same with NTDOY. 

I had lightened up some positions recently and had a temporarily large cash balance, some of which I transferred to max out our tax free accounts for this tax year.

Like a few above, I bought a bit of BRK.B yesterday around $273-274 equivalent in those accounts.

I'm considering today writing/selling some 1 to 4 week BRK.B puts in boilermaker75 fashion around the $270-$275 strikes in my taxable account where I can trade options. Hopefully, I'll get a bit of premium income and then fill at some decent effective prices.

Edited by Dynamic

Continuing to play whack a mole, smashing the bid on weekly CLF puts. Also added a bit more JOE too today. 

Also started small BRG position earlier in the week. Disclaimer, dont follow me on this....its a shitshow schemeco IMO that hides behind great assets, but I think the force is strong enough on this one to grab $1-2 per share in relatively short order. 

Edited by Gregmal

9 hours ago, Dynamic said:

I had lightened up some positions recently and had a temporarily large cash balance, some of which I transferred to max out our tax free accounts for this tax year.

Like a few above, I bought a bit of BRK.B yesterday around $273-274 equivalent in those accounts.

I'm considering today writing/selling some 1 to 4 week BRK.B puts in boilermaker76 fashion around the $270-$275 strikes in my taxable account where I can trade options. Hopefully, I'll get a bit of premium income and then fill at some decent effective prices.

As I continue to do!

I bought a smaller position in a merger arb a couple months ago, NEWA, trying to pick up a 9% return from $3.35 to cash sale price of $3.65 in hopefully less than 6 months. 

But wierdest thing happened today. This weekend they announced shareholders had overwhelming approved merger, and it opened over $5. By the time I found out I was able to dump all my shares at $4.77. 

Announcer: It was not all his shares.

Too late I figured out I had a bunch of shares in a account I had taken out of my trading group and was only able to get $3.87 for the rest.

Still no news to explain this. It can't be a trading error, the trades went on for hours. This is the weirdest market ever.