What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Took a wee little starter in OSCR and CPNG.

I looked at both S-1 and I can come to terms with CPNG but what is really OSCR bus8 es model, is it like LMND for health insurance. Their numbers look atrocious.

Both GOOG health care IPO‘s AMWL and OSCR look underwhelming to me.

I havent even come close to a deep dive, and yea, the approach is at best scattershot, but the impression I have gotten is that somewhat like LMND, theyre focusing on developing the brand. Its not very efficiently rolled out, but they have a little bit of everything...their own clinics, the tele health offering, pricing models that "appear' transparent and are generally received well by their customers. My guess is that they would be burning many times more money if they put all of this into motion in all their markets, all at once. All in all I think its probably burned through a good bit of money experimenting and will continue to do so. At the same time trying a lot of things in a scattershot way sort of lets you feel out the sensitivities of what works and what doesnt. Its in the right place at perhaps the right time....there does seem to be bipartisan support for fixing a lot of the issues in healthcare....so you'll need to cross a few bridges to get there, but there are bridges which lead this to being a bit of a disruptor. At the least its a small starter that will compel me to do a bit more work on it while the market is beating the shit out of companies like this...and if nothing else I'll probably be able to unload it later once things settle down. $32 was the original low point of the IPO range that ended up being revised upwards twice to $39. So I'll take my chances there.

$OSCR down to ~$24; $AMWL down to below $17

<insert toilet flush gif here>

Added a few more MX and BAM

EDIT: also got allocated some IIIIU

Sold some MX. Paid down some margin. Started GILT.

sold remainder MX. Go private at $29. $26 is good enough for me.

How many stocks are you holding Greg? Seems like you have a bit in everything and baskets of SPACs and REITs.

MX - thanks for that great idea - worked out spectacular Greg!

How many stocks are you holding Greg? Seems like you have a bit in everything and baskets of SPACs and REITs.

Right now probably between 50-60. Its segmented though. Top 6 ideas are close to 100% weighting(which includes about ~40% in BRK) and top 10 is about 115%. On top of that Ive got low 20%-ish allocation to pre deal spac but thats negligible in terms of capital at risk. Got a trading and tracking basket currently sitting around 25% which is lower than normal but Ive been trading a lot less this year since the setup I'm seeing is ripe and has a long runway. REITs(or RE related companies) are probably around 60-70% of my assets. Also got another high teens allocation to shorts/puts.

Altogether it roughly works out to being fully margined BRK(a bet I found sound making at the 230s level), and slightly less than 80% invested otherwise one accounting for short/hedge positions. Numbers are roughly calculated without looking at a thing since last week so yes, I'm well margined, no Im not doing anything too insane, yes I like to be aggressive with conservative stuff and be a pussy with aggressive stuff....Cheers.

22 minutes ago, dutchman said:

Buying bac !? Been thinking about selling!  Maybe we're in a new world where banks  rerate as worries about a gfc type event fade. 

I think it depends on your time horizon. I think there are multiple factors still at play in near term from getting out of the Fed's regulatory lock on buybacks and higher dividends , rising rates, loan loss reserves being released, and control on expenses. Sure it ran up quite a bit and some news are baked in but there be some more upside to go!

Dont think it depends on anything other than identifying which cycle your are projecting and where the tentacles of the octopus reach. Banks have undergone a fundamental purge over the past decade and are now integral to the implementation of basically anything that is likely to unfold. 

That said, Im not trying too hard to be cute on this. I did start BAC the other day but its just another angle where BRK wins.

What am I buying today? Took my 4 year old to get T-ball stuff. Holy fuck did it make me feel old. Glove, helmet, hat...$150. 20 years ago I busted my ass for 15 hours doing landscaping work to pay for a Nokona glove I needed for HS ball. Now before you can even hit the kids up with chores you're spending nearly $200 for stuff they'll grow out of in 12 months..and the adult gloves are pushing $300 for run of the mill quality stuff...crazy. Dont even want to think about hockey equipment for the fall.

Hopefully no one follows me into that trade!

MKL- I am surprised I did not hear more people talking about Markel right now. I am really excited Saurabh Madaan joined the team. He seems like an outstanding human, and I expect he does a great job. I also think MKL is selling at a good price assuming their future looks anything at all like their past (big assumption).