What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

CURI: added around $15 levels.  Curiosity stream is the infotainment streaming vehicle of John Hendricks, the founder of Discovery. He owns 40%+ of the stock and has been a buyer in each cap raise. Current T12m revenue runrate is $40m and they should double that in the next year (management aims a 10x in 5 years). The service is priced at ~$20/year (very good value...subscribe if you haven't) and has nearly 10x+ as much documentary content as Netflix (the content library itself is worth $1.3b+ according to management comments vs a current market cap that is half of that). Compared to traditional TV dramas which cost ~$8-10m/hour to make, infotainment content can be made much much cheaper at $200-300K/hour. So like for like, it has more compelling economics than other streamers once it establishes itself as a must have option. Looking ahead they could have 80m+ subs in a few years generating $40/yr+ in ARPU for a $3b+ revenue run-rate and this business could be worth 10-20x of what it is worth now. John Hendricks is very widely connected in the Content/Cable/CTV industry as an OG legend and is thus rapidly getting access to the service everywhere in the world. 

CURI: added around $15 levels.  Curiosity stream is the infotainment streaming vehicle of John Hendricks, the founder of Discovery. He owns 40%+ of the stock and has been a buyer in each cap raise. Current T12m revenue runrate is $40m and they should double that in the next year (management aims a 10x in 5 years). The service is priced at ~$20/year (very good value...subscribe if you haven't) and has nearly 10x+ as much documentary content as Netflix (the content library itself is worth $1.3b+ according to management comments vs a current market cap that is half of that). Compared to traditional TV dramas which cost ~$8-10m/hour to make, infotainment content can be made much much cheaper at $200-300K/hour. So like for like, it has more compelling economics than other streamers once it establishes itself as a must have option. Looking ahead they could have 80m+ subs in a few years generating $40/yr+ in ARPU for a $3b+ revenue run-rate and this business could be worth 10-20x of what it is worth now. John Hendricks is very widely connected in the Content/Cable/CTV industry as an OG legend and is thus rapidly getting access to the service everywhere in the world.

Start an investment ideas thread? Have you seen any more comprehensive write-ups from fund managers? I'm intrigued.

Start an investment ideas thread? Have you seen any more comprehensive write-ups from fund managers? I'm intrigued.

I haven’t seen any good writeups yet. It only started trading in Oct 2020 after the SPAC transaction was consummated. So it’s not had a long history in the public markets.

More ATTO.

Peers CNXC, TTEC and SYKE are all rallying which makes sense because the sector is attractive. Revenue growth/margin expansion across the entire industry and its consolidating.

Atento trades so far from intrinsic value heading into a likely auction as it’s largest shareholders (GIC, HPS & Farallon) have a lock up expiring May 2022.

Shinoken 1105 JPY

how you buying Shinoken ? This is not listed in US

Through Interactive Brokers with trading permission for Japan. I've heard it's also available through Fidelity as ADR but have not confirmed.

I am on H1B work visa.  I am eligible do open account with IBKR to buy other countries stock ? , it was asking lot many questions was confused what to fill.

Shinoken 1105 JPY

how you buying Shinoken ? This is not listed in US

Through Interactive Brokers with trading permission for Japan. I've heard it's also available through Fidelity as ADR but have not confirmed.

I am on H1B work visa.  I am eligible do open account with IBKR to buy other countries stock ? , it was asking lot many questions was confused what to fill.

I opened brokerage accounts when I was on H1B, no problem. I can’t speak for IB specifically, but why should it make any difference?

Started some BKEPP.

Bought some BKEP premarket on the big announcement. Swapping this in for the preferred shares I own and will sell during the day. Transformation is taking shape!

Whoa, whoa, whoa....buying the preferred at a big discount to par, selling at a premium to par and then swapping it into the much de-risked common before it makes a 50% move inside 4 months? Gregmal, how do you do it? Timing stocks is apparently impossible!

tenor.gif

Jokes aside, I bought some more of this yesterday. New management is kicking ass and taking names. Now pureplay infrastructure terminaling co with growth outlook. This along with AP stand to be massive winners from Joseph R. Biden's(hopefully the usual suspects arent offended by my mentioning of that name) eventual infrastructure push.

Inspired by LearningMachine and my man Cardboard, and also an obscenely fat real estate portfolio....I recently bought a nice chunk of longer dated TLT puts. Solid insurance I view it as.

just to piss LearningMachine off, I'll have him know that I just bought some Coca Cola 7 3/8% of 2093 for a 4% yield in my parents IRA today.

Inspired by LearningMachine and my man Cardboard, and also an obscenely fat real estate portfolio....I recently bought a nice chunk of longer dated TLT puts. Solid insurance I view it as.

Gregmal, I'm curious how long term it is?  Also, what is the pricing like to say protect $100 of floating rate or short-term debt?

Is it cheaper than just getting 30+ year mortgages @ 3%?  I understand that is not always possible if you are not investing in real estate directly.  So, curious if there is a cheap enough way to get 30-year protection against an investment vehicle having to let real estate be foreclosed because they can't refinance during the possible event of an interest rate spike.

just to piss LearningMachine off, I'll have him know that I just bought some Coca Cola 7 3/8% of 2093 for a 4% yield in my parents IRA today.

Ouch, that hurts :-).

Bought a bunch of the 2023 $110s earlier in the week.

Already got a number of mortgages; 3.25% on my primary, mid 4s in my investment properties. All 30 yr. On stocks/REITS I mainly have things I think do well regardless, IE multifamily, hard asset owner, low/no debt, but also a few more speculative names so the bulk of my position in the TLT puts I think of as a hedge. It also could just work regardless, without anything blowing up but rather the trend we have seen since vaccine announcement in November...continue. Treasury spread to REITS as of a couple months ago was obviously unsustainable. Great start to the year being super long BRK, long Sun Belt, long specific recovery, and short ARK+covid fads. I think it continues. I agree a hyper inflation move is a risk, so pointless to outright ignore it.