What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Just bought the FSLY shares I sold 3 days ago for $127.70 back for $88.50.

Just resold those FSLY shares for $103.10 and put more into BRKB and BAM.

The volatility in stocks like FSLY is mind boggling. It is probably a good idea to move into safety like FSLY but I can understand if someone who bought this much lower just continues to hold.

Just bought the FSLY shares I sold 3 days ago for $127.70 back for $88.50.

Just resold those FSLY shares for $103.10 and put more into BRKB and BAM.

The volatility in stocks like FSLY is mind boggling. It is probably a good idea to move into safety like FSLY but I can understand if someone who bought this much lower just continues to hold.

I bought at $23.  That was 20% of my shares that I sold, bought back, and resold.  I've now taken more than my cost basis out, so the remaining 80% of my shares are going to be a long term hold.

Buying ffh.  It's a big change for me.  I haven't owned more than a small amount in years.  It appears quite cheap relative to the rest of the market.  It is selling at less than 90% of Sept 30 book value.  Yet with digit and blackberry  and other subs you still have this ability to participate in a rally.  I still very much question BB but as I said, even using Sept 30 prices FFH is cheap.

I bought more Fairfax today. Already been accumulating it due to its cheapness and the low bar, but also b/c it's made nearly $2B on BB in the last month and the market hasn't moved FFH's shares at all.

I know its ephemeral if Prem doesn't capitalize on the rise, but if he does...

Risk is limited because FFH shares haven't risen with BB at all so I wouldn't expect them to fall with it either if it blows up and Prem doesn't capitalize. Looking for an easy 10-30% here. 

Bought some more BRK as penance for my Friday purchase of BB.

Buying a small amount of BB was strictly gambling on the fact that the hive mind of WSB and its watchers would try to replicate what's been happening with GME. Right so far, but I'm not good at this game and will probably sell at the wrong time.

Ditto!

I bought more Fairfax today. Already been accumulating it due to its cheapness and the low bar, but also b/c it's made nearly $2B on BB in the last month and the market hasn't moved FFH's shares at all.

I know its ephemeral if Prem doesn't capitalize on the rise, but if he does...

Risk is limited because FFH shares haven't risen with BB at all so I wouldn't expect them to fall with it either if it blows up and Prem doesn't capitalize. Looking for an easy 10-30% here.

Dumped the rest of Chou Ass. Dumped some in October but hung onto the rest until now and has been up 15-20% since I sold in October

Added to RY (Royal Bank) a few weeks ago.

Added to FFH today.

Started a position in BRK.B.

Also started a small position in WLF.TSXV (Wolfden Resources) just for fun - have been watching this for a couple of years and it seems they could be on to something interesting in Maine, at least Altius (ALS.TO) thinks so.

1) Starter in BERY. I sold this in the 40’s early this year and now at $50 and change it looks cheaper and less risky than when I sold it - strange how to works sometimes.

2) Small add to LMT. It seems that guidance spooked the market. Seemed fine to me, but what do I know. I had sold down GD a little a few days ago, so this is basically a swap.

BMWLF , CCHWF, HRVSF , GRAMF

Buying Bluma Wellness (BMWLF) looked like a discounted way to own Cresco Labs.  Bought during the downdraft early in the trading day.  Hoping Cresco’s acquisition of Bluma will close.  Columbia Care (CCHWF) is positioned in the right states and shares have underperformed to peer group MSOs recently. Harvest (HRVSF)  has 23 of 38 dispensaries in Arizona and Pennsylvania.  Also bought some GRAMF hoping that the California cannabis assets, Caliva and Left Coast, that were bought by this SPAC before the two elections (Presidential and Georgia) will rerate.  The Parent Company (GRAMF) is also well capitalized ($300 Million cash) to pursue its goal of creating a national cannabis brand ( JAY-Z is a major shareholder and their brand ambassador).  Very unsure about management and think execution risk is high.  It will be hard and very expensive for them to enter their next intended market, New York.