What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Bought FB and SRE today. SRE is a well managed utility that I have bought a few times over the year. It trades a t the lower end of its historical valuation range and should be a good low risk trade for 10-15% upside with little risk to principle or longer term hold depending on how things develop.

Always liked the idea of owning SRE given the TX utility and exposure to LNG / Mexico growth stories, but never did more than a superficial look due to the CA wildfire noise.  Has that been addressed at this point in the wake of PG&E?  How do you get comfortable?

SRE never had an issue that caused a wildfire. EIX had some smaller issues but never to the scale of PCG. SRE is the best run of the three (by far) then EIX and last PCG.

Im just wondering where the rest of the market is? BRK is a no brainer here. Its basically a cash alternative at these levels, especially with the financials having gone ballistic. Nothing is priced in.

Unless the wholly owneds are faltering and the investment portfolio is balancing it out?

Also I bought Brk calls yesterday.

More BRK, closing in on 20% allocation!

So why so bullish on BRK? Is it absolute value? Relative value? Cyclical play?

What are a catalysts to get the stock moving? More buybacks? Mystery new purchase? Buffett finally putting cash hard to work?

One headwind is Apple valuation (very expensive and could come way down if we get a sell off).

Do you really like financials?

I do like BRK; it looks cheap... is it crazy cheap (to warrant big overweight)? Just trying to understand...

So why so bullish on BRK? Is it absolute value? Relative value? Cyclical play?

What are a catalysts to get the stock moving? More buybacks? Mystery new purchase? Buffett finally putting cash hard to work?

One headwind is Apple valuation (very expensive and could come way down if we get a sell off).

Do you really like financials?

I do like BRK; it looks cheap... is it crazy cheap (to warrant big overweight)? Just trying to understand...

Just my opinion of course but its all of the above and then some. Apple may have been a huge home run, but that certainly didnt get fully priced into the shares. I bring up from time to time my mistake of buying BRK at $196 in Jan 2019 bc I liked the exposure to AAPL at $160(pre split) and all the financials...

I think buybacks will be solid, although somewhat muted as a result of the longer YE-Q1 blackouts requirements. But going forward I would expect repurchase figures to ramp, much more in line with the most recent Q than those before it.

Financials have also run, but again, BRK? Not so much. Insurance should be solid. Energy will continue rebounding. Heck this darn thing is basically flat y/y.

I view the spring as coiled. It can win as a cyclical, it can win if rates rise, it can win from these levels in so many different scenarios that the optionality becomes very appealing. Its only a matter of time before the money flow finds its way here as the value proposal between this and the rest of the market is too big to ignore. The upside will happen. Ive noticed this thing tends to move in quick bursts. Downside will be buffered by all the cash, the recovering economy, and buybacks. I see many scenarios where this could easily peel of 15-20% to the upside. I have a very hard time envisioning the same type of downside. $190 is very hard to picture. So I think the deck is stacked quite favorably here and as such, its time to bet big.

Currently, BRK is a 12% position size for me (in my RRSP).

After seeing this post, I am itching to bring it up.

I got a Citigroup position that i am itching to dump, but it dropped 7% today.

My breakeven (my emotional anchor) is set at $70 USD. I did not add to it during the bear market.

Thinking to dump most of that on BRK. That would bring BRK to 16%, make the portfolio ever tighter. BUT my BRK average cost would go from $192 USD (my emotional anchor) to $200 USD.

I view the spring as coiled. It can win as a cyclical, it can win if rates rise, it can win from these levels in so many different scenarios that the optionality becomes very appealing. Its only a matter of time before the money flow finds its way here as the value proposal between this and the rest of the market is too big to ignore. The upside will happen. Ive noticed this thing tends to move in quick bursts. Downside will be buffered by all the cash, the recovering economy, and buybacks. I see many scenarios where this could easily peel of 15-20% to the upside. I have a very hard time envisioning the same type of downside. $190 is very hard to picture. So I think the deck is stacked quite favorably here and as such, its time to bet big.

+1

30% position.