What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

"I wonder where all the money in US government bonds is going to go in coming years..."

back on fed's balance sheet

So when a pension fund or insurance company has a 5 or 10 year US government bond mature their proceeds are going to end up on the Fed’s balance sheet?

My comment was aimed at private organization who currently own US government bonds. As these bonds mature and these organization re-deploy where will it go? Demand will increase for some asset classes.

"I wonder where all the money in US government bonds is going to go in coming years..."

back on fed's balance sheet

So when a pension fund or insurance company has a 5 or 10 year US government bond mature their proceeds are going to end up on the Fed’s balance sheet?

My comment was aimed at private organization who currently own US government bonds. As these bonds mature and these organization re-deploy where will it go? Demand will increase for some asset classes.

I saw some Ohio pension funds allocating north of 5% to gold. I think historically these positions are 2% on average. Not necessarily meaningful I guess

A lot of it is flowing into alternatives like PE. Institutional investors love private investments as it gives the illusion of smoother performance. It is insane but it's the reason why these alt managers have a long and profitable runway ahead of them.

BAC

Started in CINR....has anyone done work on this? There was a decent write up on VIC. Looks interesting at these prices as long as they stay liquid (which they seem to be doing). Soda Ash consumption seems to be increasing globally. A few catalysts would be EVs and increased Solar panels. CINR seems to be positioned very well long term. If I had to guess the and some other subsidies will all be brought under the umbrella of We Soda (which has discussed IPO). CINR has no baggage like GEL which is also tied to O&G. Divy also seems like it will come back at some point.  Unfortunately there is a K-1. Sorry a bit of a ramble.

Started in CINR....has anyone done work on this? There was a decent write up on VIC. Looks interesting at these prices as long as they stay liquid (which they seem to be doing). Soda Ash consumption seems to be increasing globally. A few catalysts would be EVs and increased Solar panels. CINR seems to be positioned very well long term. If I had to guess the and some other subsidies will all be brought under the umbrella of We Soda (which has discussed IPO). CINR has no baggage like GEL which is also tied to O&G. Divy also seems like it will come back at some point.  Unfortunately there is a K-1. Sorry a bit of a ramble.

They have a nice asset in Wyoming, which is cost-advantaged relative to synthetic production, and cost-advantaged relative to other trona miners.  However, I don't trust management.  Didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they inflating annual production through deca rehydration, and eventually production would drop off significantly.  The manner in which they disclosed this made them appear either dishonest or incompetent.  Happy to chat more about this one on a dedicated thread for CINR. 

They have a nice asset in Wyoming, which is cost-advantaged relative to synthetic production, and cost-advantaged relative to other trona miners.  However, I don't trust management.  Didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they inflating annual production through deca rehydration, and eventually production would drop off significantly.  The manner in which they disclosed this made them appear either dishonest or incompetent.  Happy to chat more about this one on a dedicated thread for CINR.

Read the same VIC pitch and I'm in too. Lets start one :)

Read the same VIC pitch and I'm in too. Lets start one :)

This entity still has 50% IDR’s. Automatic pass for me.

Why MX now Thanks

Little more GEOS

edit: also added some MX

The September asset sales closing is still under appreciated IMO. This is now a pureplay on OLED, should be generating reasonable FCF for a growth tech co, balance sheet now pristine, and a focused management. I like tech overall, but think the big boys will have headwinds because beating them up is a bipartisan issue, and some of the other stuff is insanely priced...MX has huge growth ahead of it and the valuation is reasonable.