What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Picked up a lot of RVRA today from a pretty big seller.  Substantially all assets have been sold and the plan is to return capital to shareholders.  I expect something north of 2.00 to be distributed in Q4 vs. the 1.75 current price.  Normal volume is like 20k shares and today it was over 300k plus another 300k shares on the offer at close.  Hopefully they don't know something I don't.

Yea Ive spoken with a good % of the shareholder base over the years and I am yet aware really of anyone who weighs the O&G/fracking as anything but a free option. I did see one writeup a while ago with a super bull case in which it could account for $1 per share of NAV. Its just kind of there, but not material IMO.

They are not a homebuilder. They prep the lots but have contracts currently with 3 national builders and profit arrangements with all. There's currently 7 national builders looking to get involved in phase 2, which a couple years out should include over 1M sq/ft of commercial. The main asset is the water rights/servicing. This is a very conservatively managed company that basically has a whole lot of optionality, great inflation protected assets, and a pristine balance sheet. My only guess on the underperformance is really just a few of the larger legacy holders still lightening up and perhaps a bit of an unwind from the October - March rally where the stock literally never had a down day. But IDK. I'm good all day with this one here at $9.

Looks like Trigran exited. Been selling down a large stake for a long time, and probably just wanted to flush it all. Thanks for the shares.

Separately, it looks like Harding, who had a 105b setup at the beginning of the year, and some shares sold @13, has discontinued that plan. The amount of his net worth in this is impressive.

GOOG. Small addition to current position.

What makes you like GOOG at these prices?

I do not think the price unreasonable today in comparison to many other things. By 2030 the world wide online advertising spend, I expect, will be near $800B, and Google will make up a large chunk of this. Also, by 2030 I would be surprised if google has not found other very profitable revenue sources. Google is one of the best businesses in the world. Companies and Individuals are becoming more and more dependent on its services everyday. Unfortunately this is reflected in the stock price today. In March I bought the majority of my Google stake. At today's prices my bet is much less certain, but I thought a small addition was not a bad decision. Thanks for your questioning.

Added to TRP and ENB.

My guess is interest rates will be lower for longer. Dividends look safe with growth potential in coming years. Stocks are trading at prices seen in late March.

I wonder where all the money in US government bonds is going to go in coming years...