What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

I've been buying Intel in the last days. The low price, high ROA and long term steadily-ish growing earnings was just too tempting. I have no idea if and/or how quickly AMD will continue to steal market share. But then again, that marked will probably continue to grow.

I added a little to UI.  They should be releasing earnings soon and with everyone working from home and companies large and small upgrading networking equipment, I think the expected earnings are way too low.  Also they have been buying back shares and I expect they bought back a lot when prices were low.  Even if I'm wrong about this qrt this is a long term hold for me.

I've been buying Intel in the last days. The low price, high ROA and long term steadily-ish growing earnings was just too tempting. I have no idea if and/or how quickly AMD will continue to steal market share. But then again, that marked will probably continue to grow.

Same, not to mention there are over a dozen segments which AMD doesn't compete with Intel in.

I added a little to UI.  They should be releasing earnings soon and with everyone working from home and companies large and small upgrading networking equipment, I think the expected earnings are way too low.  Also they have been buying back shares and I expect they bought back a lot when prices were low.  Even if I'm wrong about this qrt this is a long term hold for me.

Thoughts on competition from cheaper producers (mostly foreign e.g. tp-link)?

Ubiquiti makes great products. And I think from an investment perspective they are attractive in certain lights (crackdown on Chinese networking gear, for example).

But ultimately how do you get comfortable paying 35-40x earnings for a networking hardware producer? That is what is keeping me from dipping toes in.

Thoughts on competition from cheaper producers (mostly foreign e.g. tp-link)?

Ubiquiti makes great products. And I think from an investment perspective they are attractive in certain lights (crackdown on Chinese networking gear, for example).

But ultimately how do you get comfortable paying 35-40x earnings for a networking hardware producer? That is what is keeping me from dipping toes in.

Yes the valuation has gotten a little rich.  I bought most of my shares in 2017 and have only added a little bit here and there since.  Basically I like the management and the products and how they run such a light operation, yet still manage to compete with the big guys.  If it's one mistake I make over and over again it is selling companies that are doing great with management I like because of valuation (like when I bought NFLX under $3 (split adjusted) and sold at $11).  I'm trying to learn to add to my winners not sell them every time they seem a little expensive.

Thanks, I think BTI is interesting around these levels. I don’t have much experience with options, but always interested in learning. Is there a reason you chose that strike? My inclination would have been to go a little out of the money (but again I don’t really have any experience, that was based on an initial gut feel).